mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-13-2017, 09:36 PM   #201 (permalink)

It looks like the road they refer to as the Johnson Road may be the old Railroad bed that has been discontinued for 40 years. If so that is 1/2 a mile south of my facility.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:41 PM   #202 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Hey folks, Sat the Sept. 30th it looks like we will have a good turn out 50-75 players anyone wants to jump in your more then welcome.
If I were up there Dutchman, I would gladly throw paint around your fields.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 PM   #203 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

I submitted an update to Google to correct your location. I would suggest adding the following to your directions on your website.

45.188710, -69.293580 That is the trees by your mailbox.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #204 (permalink)

Thank you guys. I gave those numbers to another forums field finder and they put me in Exeter Maine, about 25 miles south of here. On the Goggle maps they show a Johnson Road 50 yards above me that goes off Sebec Shores Road to the west. It's not there! It's a skidder trail that they used to yard wood with 40 years ago. A few years ago just across the river a tractor trailer followed his GPS right up a snowmobile trail. That was a fun recovery for the wrecker. It showed the trail as a through road, just didn't mention it was nothing but packed snow over a swamp! What was it president Reagan said, "trust but verify" good idea.

Oh a discount that isn't working for me. I have offered a work/play to a group of local high school kids. I wanted to get a jump on next seasons D-Day fields so I thought if they came in in the morning and worked 1/2 a day I'd feed them lunch and give them a marker and 500 rounds for the afternoon. This will be the third weekend they have failed to get anyone together. I was hoping for 6 kids, got nothing!

Oh well, I'll keep plugging away and paying staff to help when I can afford it. But they had best not ask for a discount next season!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:17 AM   #205 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
When I simply enter the coordinates into a Google search, I find your field. You might want to get in touch with Google and ask them to move the marker for you field in Google Maps.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Brass Freak, Freak XL compatible and Equation inserts in .670, .678, and .685 (As I no longer have access to the machine to make certain sizes, I will not be replacing any which go out of stock.)

Still selling brass tubing, with .678 barrel stock now available!

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Follow Brass Monkey Customs on Instagram and Facebook (work in progress)
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:26 PM   #206 (permalink)
"Not you brother"

It appears they have already moved the marker.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #207 (permalink)

Hi Zapper, glad to see you weathered the storm. All good?

I just heard back from the kids about the work play discount. They would be willing to do a little work, for cash. They don't really care about playing. Not much reason for me to do that, I'd rather support a kid that's going to play then give the money to someone who will just spend it elsewhere.

Oh well, times change, After all WORK is a 4 letter word!!!! hehe

We are building another field for next years D-Day game. It will have pill boxes and bunkers and foxholes to take out on the way to the breakout off the beach. So mission #4 will be the beach landing, push the Germans off the beach, push through the defense in depth, about 300 feet worth, then break their last stand at a large stonewall, much like the hedgerows the allies found in the real attack. That's a mission that should take almost an hour to accomplish. This isn't just a "shoot-a-thon". We are actually following missions while we play. Al least as long as we don't get so many players we lose control of it. We are hoping to pull about 150 next season, (means I have to add about 5 staffers) we can handle up to 200 as a max. But I'd love to go smaller to help keep the quality of the event higher.

Wow, a field owner hoping to make less money so he can provide a better product for his customers! That proves it, I must be crazy!!!! hehe

Last edited by dutchman; 09-15-2017 at 08:06 AM.
dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #208 (permalink)
MCB Member

All is well on my end Normal storm rubbish in the yard and the fence fell over.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts