mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

I appreciate the input guys. I picked up a jam bolt to get around the need for eyes...

as for ramping... thats actually touney legal? "hey ref check him he is ramping" is what I seem to hear, the context being that ramping is a no-no. I'm starting to lean towards the ion route, I may as well have a common tourney specific marker than frankenstien a gun.

grande, wat makes your mechhie so wicked fast? that may be another solution to my problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Tournaments set what's legal. Check the rules of where you'll be playing...these days, ramping is usually allowed.

If you're a bit ham fisted, Ion components require a delicate touch because they're ultra fragile and cheap. Have backups. I owned a couple of Ions, and when they worked, they worked pretty well. I dreaded lubing them because the battery harness is particularly weak, and the banjo fittings liked to leak for no particular reason after being reassembled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
I appreciate the input guys. I picked up a jam bolt to get around the need for eyes...

as for ramping... thats actually touney legal? "hey ref check him he is ramping" is what I seem to hear, the context being that ramping is a no-no. I'm starting to lean towards the ion route, I may as well have a common tourney specific marker than frankenstien a gun.

grande, wat makes your mechhie so wicked fast? that may be another solution to my problem...
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts