mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-10-2008, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

Eblade Education

I dont have the money for one just yet, but looks like I will be in the market for one soon...

Our paintball club has more of a tourney focus, and since I want to be active in that arena I am going to eblade one of my cockers. Im not really happy about it, but the mouseclick trigger does have its appeal in that sense. I have already decided that I wont use this marker for anything but tourney play, and I promise to use my sniper or buzzard in rec play.

Given that I know a thing or two about mechanical cockers, what should I know about eblades? Should I be looking for a body that has been *gasp* drilled for eyes or should I just use the body I have (I refuse to destroy any autococker body by drilling for eyes.. I have seen the misery later on...)?

How much do they go for, do I need anything special if I dont see myself shooting 20 bps, maybe in the 8-12 bps range...

or should I just get an eclipse hinge and stay mecchie... or should I just snag a used ion off ebay... I like cockers, would prefer to use one on the tourney field...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agglet View Post
Vampirism is no joke get tested.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'd honestly get an ion. They are cheap enough and easy enough to upgrade that you'd end up with a decent marker. I'd played against a few guys with em and they arent bad.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Marathoner

I've seen E2's going for $150-$200 on ebay.

Apparently, an E1 with the Zero-B board brings an E1 frame about up to E2 status from what I have read.

I have an SF framed Trilogy (not exactly the same, I know) and would rather have it as a mech, so I'd recommend going with a hinge frame.
To me, at least, cockers feel better as mechs, not frankensteined electros. I like the tactile feel of a mech cocker.

I'd steer you towards an 07 fusion over an ion as a cheap electro though. They are $225 new at Dangerous Power Fusion F7 - Paintball Genie. Plus there is a coupon code for MCB there that will get you another 5% or so discount, sorry, I don't remember it.
They are made in the USA and not Smart Parts. Also, they are a stacked tube design that you may be more comfortable with, coming from cockerville and all.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
I'd honestly get an ion. They are cheap enough and easy enough to upgrade that you'd end up with a decent marker. I'd played against a few guys with em and they arent bad.
This is not paintball nation.

Nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
This is not paintball nation.

Nick
I don't see your point at all. I merely went with an option he had stated.

You can get an ion for the cost of a E frame.

The DP Fusion is a good call. There are several markers around that price range that are good performers.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
tribal monger

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
I don't see your point at all. I merely went with an option he had stated.

You can get an ion for the cost of a E frame.

The DP Fusion is a good call. There are several markers around that price range that are good performers.
Spy said he wanted to upgrade a cocker rather than buy a new gun. For a strictly tourney gun a Ion is not dependable enough where a cocker is at least my/other teammates dealings with them.
TOG feedback
Ebay feedback
Gun collection 54 not 1 newer than 2004.....Don't buy into the hype, faster and newer isn't always better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
The tears of the Wally Lama render a mirror like finish to any bit of brass. When it's time to polish, Wally Lama thinks of all the neglected Sheridans out there and a tear falls from his eye onto his latest creation. Three children who were passing by witnessed this holy event once and we're all blinded by the brilliance of the brass. They all three heard Angels voices and accepted their calling as witnesses to the miracle of His divinity.

Last edited by shifty; 02-10-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: changed to make myself more clear
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymongoose View Post
or should I just get an eclipse hinge and stay mecchie... or should I just snag a used ion off ebay... I like cockers, would prefer to use one on the tourney field...
Hummm try reading his post again.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
I take it the tourny part is not all out hardcore? if that is the case you can get by without drilling the cocker body for the eyes. You don't have anti chop or the all out speed that either E frame is capable of but you get the trigger and ease. And that sound like more of what you want. You need to have or add a few more pieces to get the full potential anyway.
E1 is chunkier then E2 and dosn't have all the preprogramed mode the E2 has but again that should not be a issue. BTW you can put both frames into classic mode and they will shoot like a mechanical without the trigger pull.
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via MSN to grande

E1 drains batteries like crazy and isn't worth the money in my opinion. E2 and zero-b are better choises, make sure yours comes with the ramping software (better resale value, more options for you)

Even though I have a wicked fast mech cocker I don't see myself competing with it, ever (unless its a mech only tournament, not too many of those around here). Electros are just that much easier to shoot while doing something else as well (like running, crawling, loading...) especially the ramping ones, you can keep up shooting that rope with no effort at all (good for shooting at runners, breakouts).
Old 02-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

E-1 's are just fine just remove the battery for storage just like you do with a revy.
You do not have to have eyes they are only helpful in the upper limits of BPS to prevent breakage.

difference between e-1 and e-2 are better battery life better trigger filtering which reduces bouncing due to poor settings by the individual.

Set the boards to factory fast you do not need anything more then that.

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts