mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   How to install an Autonelson kit? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/3236-how-install-autonelson-kit.html)

P4p3Rc1iP 08-31-2006 07:50 PM

How to install an Autonelson kit?

So, I have a Chameleon Autonelson kit. I was wondering if I can fit this on a Maverick, and if so, how? I'm not sure if I have all the parts for it though.

Here's a pic of mine.

Does anyone have an old manual or could someone explain to me how it's supposed to be done. Also, does anyone have any pics of how a full kit is supposed to look like?

Thanks.

kidneythief 08-31-2006 08:27 PM

Yes it'll work on the Maverick.

The reg portion with the ASA adaptor will screw into the Back bottle ASA.

Next take the box and put it on the left side of the gun in such a way that the ram lines up with the cocking slot on the side. The little button(4way) will then line up on the side of the trigger. To mount it once you have it in position you will then loosen the grip block and slide the little tab on the bottom between the frame and block then screw the long site rail screw in place of the stock rear screw.

To me it looks like you are missing a few parts. There is a trigger plate with a rod that actuates the 4-way from the side. Also, there is a long screw that replaces the rear sightrail screw which mounts the top of the box to the sightrail.

Good luck.

-Jake

P4p3Rc1iP 08-31-2006 09:04 PM

Thanks!

I guess I could probably find a home made trigger plate. A long screw shouldn't really be hard to find.

Edit: 1 question though. How can I detatch a Maverick's grip?

Phantom Power 08-31-2006 09:27 PM

Stick an allen key (probably 5/32 or 3/16) down the hole in the bottom of the grip and remove the screw that holds it onto the frame.

howling phantom 08-31-2006 10:52 PM

Watch out for eaten bolts. The kit is semi notorous for that. The Ram only holds onto one side of the bolt. That means more stress and pressure on that one side, instead of it being evenly destibuted. Also, the Maverick bolts arent the best quality out there.

You might want to start looking for A) a few replacement bolts or B)a SS bolt. They are much stronger than the soft alluminum the stock bolt it made from.

Good luck though.

P4p3Rc1iP 09-01-2006 08:12 AM

Thanks for the help and warning!

I don't plan on shooting it much though. It's more of a "lets see how this works" kind of thing. I'll probably sell it anyway (BUT NOT YET SO DON'T PM ME! :P You'll see a thread in B/S/T).

Azzy 09-01-2006 09:22 AM

Doc has some good pictures of how it should all lok and a nice right up on how much of a PITA it was.

I have a ton of these things promised to me, one day we will figure out where they are all hidden.

You should be good finding a trigger plate and tapping a hole on the side for a screw or rod to push the 3-way button.

illusion 09-02-2006 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azzy (Post 26331)
Doc has some good pictures of how it should all lok and a nice right up on how much of a PITA it was.

You have a link there azzy?

bravo647 09-02-2006 03:02 PM

Question:

the autonelson kit replaces the pump with the 4 way so its a semi auto then right?

If so does it work on a phantom?

Azzy 09-02-2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illusion (Post 26589)
You have a link there azzy?

I looked all over his site and HaveBlue's, and cant find it.. sorry :(