mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-12-2008, 10:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
WGP whore

Carefull Ray.. I'll drive to BC and snag that SHO in a heartbeat!

Had it been a blind body and not blue I would of jumped on it like an eithiopian on a steak dinner.

My Ex-Wife is ungrateful She Never Used the Wedding present I bought her......A COFFIN

http://www.myspace.com/baconfiend

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ht=jesterbuilt
Jesterbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayodder View Post
If Cocker were so accurate like most people think, than why WGP stop making them?
Did I miss something?
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 06:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

....so ive been using a large, heavy gun thats the biggest pain in the world to clean and maintain because i was under the false idea that it was more accurate. wow. well i geuss im gonna go get a mini now.......
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drg View Post
Did I miss something?
WGP phased out its entire autococker line, with the exception of the "SR". Instead WGP is focusing on blowbacks, and spool-driven guns.

Basically, K2 has reduced "WGP" to a brand name, and not much else.

Cockers are no more accurate, but they also did not have the spike/shootdown problems that the early mags had. So when compared to the early mags, it might have seemed like it was more accurate.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

They are one of the more accurate guns I've used, the other one being a Hurricane.

My blowbacks haven't been too bad - my F/A was dead-nuts with the BOA barrel I had on it.

Helps to be comfortable with your gun.

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Cockers are no more accurate, but they also did not have the spike/shootdown problems that the early mags had. So when compared to the early mags, it might have seemed like it was more accurate.
A classic mag also has a heavier trigger pull than a cocker - in unskilled hands (and lets face it, that's probably a lot of us, me for sure) that's going to affect accuracy as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
The point about reciprocating mass and first shot accuracy is probably somewhat correct. In reality, there are many factors affecting accuracy and the bolt position before firing is one of the minor ones. This debate is a time warp back to the 1990s. I didn't think people talked about this closed vs. open bolt BS anymore.

Honestly all "autococker" style markers are an archaeic design. its just a pump that happens to pump itself after the shot. It is still the only type of semi-auto I own, but if I was concerened with cutting edge technology, I'd look into something else.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Devil Dog

Send a message via AIM to ballyhoo33 Send a message via MSN to ballyhoo33

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_sock View Post
....so ive been using a large, heavy gun thats the biggest pain in the world to clean and maintain because i was under the false idea that it was more accurate. wow. well i geuss im gonna go get a mini now.......
Selling a marker because of a busted myth is a wonderful idea.

If your Cocker shoots nice and you like it, why get something else? Autocockers have been around for a long, long time. Their evolution over the years has produced a wonderful shooting marker that has near endless tinkerability.

Jeff
ballyhoo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post

Helps to be comfortable with your gun.

Jordan
DING DING DING

We have a winner!

No matter what gun you have, if you dont practice and develop the skills for that particular gun (pulling the trigger right, pointing it right, its all muscle memory) then you wont ever be as good as your skill set will be.

helps as well to have a gun that is consistant in velocity, which makes the guessing game of range go down.

I used to have a bone stock Panther VTS, dead nuts accuracy in my hands. Same with my cocker and sniper, and my KL. Why? I use them all the time.

Accuracy is in the hands of the gun holder.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Azzy is dead right on this one. i've shot alot of 'high end' 'accurate' markers that still didn't shoot, shoulder or seem nearly as accurate as my bone stock Mokal Titan.

I like automags with the single trigger because they have a nice, even pull to them, and they shoot better for me because i am comfortable with them

I like cockers with sliders because it feels better than a hinge, and i tend to shoot them better.

you will always shoot a comfortable marker far better than the most accurate marker that sucks for comfort

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts