mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Sir Brass

Don't go with PMI. Their regs have been spotty on the consistancy end for a while now such that it's almost a joke. I'm not kidding here.

CP is still good. Crossfire is also excellent. I've heard good things about Gorilla as well.

And.....I hate to say it, but SP TANKS (not their regs) are supposed to be really nice....and incredibly light as well.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a may lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frink View Post
I just love being able to kill absolutely every living thing in a small room, including myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
We have a conscience, Carter be thy name.

Proud owner of:
Palmer's aluminum + brass...... two of 'em <3
Oh....and some mags too
Sir Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
If you are trying to figure out sizes and shapes, there is a good thread on PBN. Actually, good POST, don't bother with the thread

Tanks size pics. From a 114Ci tank down to a 13Ci tank - PbNation
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

PMI Regs have been nothing but trouble for me, leaks, output pressures that just confuse me. I'd stay away from them.

Get one with support though or you'll end up with annoying little problems, my raptor rex from Air America leaks out of nowhere sometimes and I can't rebuild it without scouring for parts, buy a reg from a company that still in business.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Do any companies sell cylinders without the regs? I know the 22 and 13 ci ones can be had, but the deal on the real myth regs is a steal, I might be able to get a tank and reg separately for cheaper.

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wevo Paintball is selling 13 ci and 22 ci tanks without regs.
Bradzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yeah looking for like a 45/45 without reg

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlm View Post
For me there are only 4 companies worth thinking about for regulators:

Air America: Only look at the older stuff, the Raptor, Armageddon, Apocalypse, etc are all great regulators that are adjustable and people practically throw away these days, and many Automag parts are compatible with them (I use an Automag tourney lock on my Raptor Rex). Don't bother with the newer stuff, I don't think it is made by the same people, the quality is gone and so is the stainless.
I know this is your opinion, but I'll have to disagree slightly with the part about "Don't bother with the newer stuff, I don't think it is made by the same people, the quality is gone and so is the stainless."

The new company is Guerrilla Air (spelled with 2 r's and 2 l's, Google it).

They have some really great products, and I really like the ability to quickly remove their tank regs, makes airline travel with tanks a true reality! Plus, I have one of their Ambush regs on top of my 45/4500 NitroDuck tuff-skin tank and it looks/works great. I get LOTS of shots out of my Excalibur with this thing (somewhere between 1200-1400 I guesstimate) and it's a really nice tank. The reg makes it sweeter, and in contrast with your opinion, I think they are very nicely thought out and designed. Not to mention there are a bunch of brand new regs on eBay from some sellers that can be had for a great price (I think I bought mine for ~$54). Good luck whatever you decide.

Sir Brass partly concurred:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Brass View Post
CP is still good. Crossfire is also excellent. I've heard good things about Gorilla as well.

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Spin Doctor, I wasn't referring to them, but the people who were making all aluminum colored red or blue regs under the Air America name, who were selling them at Default Report

They sold these:

Which when I used them, kept having leaking issues, and then the company told me they no longer honored their lifetime warranty. I switched back to the Raptor and found that for the price of a rebuild, you can purchase an entire Raptor reg at Firstcall paintball ($20).
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Ah, I see. I think some of the Air America guys did go over to Guerrilla though. Thanks for the clarification.

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i thought HPA tanks scared you? :P
2004-2005 The Great Melt Down of MCB. This causes wild speculation of the END of paintball as we knew it. Servers Crash... E-bay prices go wild... Great Confusion ensures as MCB moves to PBC... This is known as the Dark Ages...

Early 2007 --> MCB Declares itself as a "Cartel" as members manage to acquire HALF of ALL 2005 Grey Ghosts...
TREYisRAD is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts