mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Marathoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer101 View Post
Alright, I asked this question on SCP a while back, and searched for it here. It seems that there are differing views on whether it is safe or not to use it when high pressure is involved (like from Co2). I'm trying to get better 12 gram efficiency out of my VSC Sterling, the stock hardline sucked, so I run macroline now, but can I run microline safely ?

Jeremy
I have heard (but never tested) about getting better efficiency from the hardline by running a copper wire inside the harline to take up most of the volume. Since you are using a pump, flow will not be an issue.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
It is nearly imposable to get fittings that are rated above 400 psi macro amd micro should only be use for LP sub 400 psi.
B, the microline fittings are rated much higher then the macroline.

I have forgotten my physics, but something about the pressure pushing against a smaller circular width? For both the fittings and line?

Not that I would use either, but I've never seen microline blow, while I can't think of a single weekend where I DIDN'T see a macroline blow.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Stock Class Aficionado

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretweaponevan View Post
I have heard (but never tested) about getting better efficiency from the hardline by running a copper wire inside the harline to take up most of the volume. Since you are using a pump, flow will not be an issue.
I have heard that as well, but I am fairly certain it is not true.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to hvacman250

I buy most of my fittings and macroline from a pneumatics/hose supplier. Per the manufacturers spec sheet, the fittings and line are rated at 1175 psi safe working pressure. ( I made them show me)

They look a litle different from the typical 90 though, and the macro only comes in black with white writing on it. It has never failed on me though. Ever, in 5 years of playing.

Al I have left for sale PB related is pump related headbands and tshirts.
hvacman250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
B, the microline fittings are rated much higher then the macroline.

I have forgotten my physics, but something about the pressure pushing against a smaller circular width? For both the fittings and line?

Not that I would use either, but I've never seen microline blow, while I can't think of a single weekend where I DIDN'T see a macroline blow.

nick
F=PA

There's more surface area in the macro for the air to push against. So at the same pressure the larger tube is under a lot more force.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts