mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 02-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
Flatline on a cocker

Ok, so how would I go about putting a flatline on a cocker, or is it even possible? Was it the old Mags they used to put these on or was it the cockers? I know i've seen them on some older guns before(other than tippys) and I am considering putting one on my cocker pump. Let me know peoples! Thanks!
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

they used to sell flatline cockers, They used the Tippmann metal shroud, I am not sure how it was adapted to fit, but the metal shroud isn't in production anymore.

They never made flatline mags to my knowledge, but They did have something called the Z-body which had a similar concept. Putting spin on the ball.
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

It was cockers. The one at Su8lime Paintball has a whole different shroud assembly that I assume was custom milled. I'll take a look at it next time I'm in for more details, but off the top of my head I can remember that it's a late '90s sniper and it no longer has any barrel threading due to the conversion.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

It required a specially made body. Or the existing body had to be modified to tape the Tippmann-style curved barrel. Not something that could be dropped in.

WGP did sell them, but they were hugely unpopular. Partially because you could not use any other barrel, but also because they were very paint critical. But if you look around, they are VERY cheap right now because the market for cockers collapsed.

There was also a backspin system for mags, but that used airsoft-style skid plates.

There was also a backspin bolt for cockers/snipers made by coopert. This is probobly a far better solution if you can find (or replicate) one.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
There was also a backspin bolt for cockers/snipers made by coopert. This is probobly a far better solution if you can find (or replicate) one.

nick

There've been a couple Cooper-T Undershot bolts on eBay in the last few months, cheap too.
A.C. Basbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

They were a WGP thing only. I think Tippmann did it for them... its not an add on item.

They pop up from time to time for sale. They came if right feed and center feed.. I would suggest getting a Apex instead.

Paintball NEW Apex Barrel System -Autococker or Fusion - eBay (item 250216013970 end time Feb-23-08 18:00:52 PST)

Peace
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
So how does the Cooper-T bolt add a flatline effect to a shot?? I'm not doubting it at all, I just wasn't aware there was anything like it.
So does anyone have one of these for sale? Or know someone who has one they'd like to get rid of?
GanonsGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
68 Cal Junkie

The trick with the cooper-t "flatline" bolts (i believe some of them were called "undershot" bolts) was that the air went from the valve to a groove cut into the bottom of the bolt. the air traveled along this groove to the paintball , hitting the paintball at the lower portion and causing it to spin backwards as it travelled down the barrel. if this actually worked or not is a subject of opinion.
spymongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Alamo city paintball also makes undershot bolts.

Undershot bolts do work, though less well than flatlines and apex barrels. The reason people tend to have issues is that you need an oversized barrel compared to the paint, so the air can lift the ball to roll on the top side of the barrel. But then you have roll-outs. So if you are a normal cocker user and size your paint, you might have issues.

best option with undershot bolts is to use a supersized bore, then make 2 nail polish wedgits 60 degrees apart both on the bottom, so from the bottom center, 30 degrees to each side. This will hold the paint in as well as already lift it up a bit to let teh undershot bolt do its work.

But that's still not as effective as the production barrels.

aqua_scummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I have two of the flatlined Autocockers (Flac), One right feed and the other center feed. I also had an adaptor made to put regular barrels on the Flac for when you need to switch the velocity down for night games, the flat line doesn't work that will with less velocity.

Last edited by shadowp68; 02-23-2008 at 10:09 PM.
shadowp68 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts