mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   sights,scopes,optics, what do you use? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/3367-sights-scopes-optics-what-do-you-use.html)

badkarma 09-04-2006 02:17 AM

sights,scopes,optics, what do you use?

I use 40 mm red/green dots, daisy point sights, iron sights on some of my markers, even have a 4x10 scope on one marker, but I need to find something reliable to use. I used to have a line drawn down the center top of my barrel on my termite, a B-24 gunner showed me that trick. He used it on his sniper. Yes it's cool to play with war vets. (this was some years ago)
I saw doc zox had bow sights on a RPG somewhere.
So what do you use?
Anyone have adjustable metal sights?

3022 09-04-2006 11:50 AM

I use regular stock iron sights on my PGPs (sufficient for these small PB pistols with short axis of sighting), and on my P68SC I have adjustable revolver rear sight (however he has too small adjusting range in vertical line).

And I have some Red dots on my CA DF markers (mainly pumps) - Brass Eagle point sight (really good for his prince), ADCO Hot Shot (decent red dot), ADCO Sureshot (perhaps the best cheaper red dot), 30mm Winchester red dot (expensive, but very, very good).

I have likewise tested 3-7x20 rifle scope and some of my friends have tested 4x20 scopes - it was good for long range shooting and for scouting, but unusable in firefight or snapshooting... so my advice is stay with the red dots.

badkarma 09-05-2006 10:10 PM

Thank you for the advice. I have gotten used to the red dot, but was wondering what everyone else used.
Come on, fess up, what do you use.

Special_k 09-05-2006 11:01 PM

just standard point and shoot. . .its easy to do with semi-auto markers.

sparky 09-05-2006 11:27 PM

Tasco 32mm red dot sight. Durable, great battery life, taken more hits than I can care to remember. Pretty respectable price too.

sniperfan 09-06-2006 12:51 AM

I had a Beeman SS-3 on my old LB Piranha and later a Sniper II, until I found out how much it had gone up in value, so I switched to a Tasco 1" dot-sight.

Kindred 09-06-2006 07:35 AM

I have a BSA red-dot that floats between a few of my pump guns.
I find they work pretty well for getting that first shot in the right area.
Can't really 'walk your fire' w/ a pump.

Plamer's Ghost Rings are great too....and no batteries!
Just a nice, basic, open ring to get your barrel lined up nice and quick.
Works better than any optic for a well placed snap shot.

Wycke 09-06-2006 08:17 AM

I had a cheapie Adco years ago. I used it on a Maverick with a 14" J&J straight rifled brass barrel...probably the most accurate & consistent marker setup I ever shot. With even half-decent paint, it could hit a pie plate (about 9" diameter) 9 times out of 10 at 100', so when I had time to line up a shot, the sight was extremely effective. Unfortunately, since I was usually the only pump shooter in a walk-on group of semis, I rarely had that time.

I later sold off the Maverick (one of my dumbest moves ever) and bought a Phantom. I tried the same sight on that, but with the SC feed on there, I never bothered to properly zero it in, found that I never used it and threw it in a box somewhere. Now I pretty much just sight down the top of the barrel on my right-feed guns and down the side of the barrel on my SC or center feed guns. When my KP2 comes back from Palmers, I think I'm going to get a decent red-dot for it, for intimidation factor if nothing else :D

Shiba-Kun 09-06-2006 06:39 PM

Millet adjustable 1911 sights.

My Comp gun "had" the dove tail rear and blaze orange colored Sun Spot front post. But somewhere along the line I've lost the front.:(

sniperfan 09-06-2006 08:52 PM

You can still get Millet sights and parts. "Brownells" (www.brownells.com) has all sorts of stuff.

Have you ever seen the Scattergun Technologies Ghost Ring Sights? THOSE are some baaaad sights. They're made for the Remington 870 and 1100/11-87, but could easliy be set up on a PB gun.