mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

comparison pps superstocker and vsc phantom

hi guys,
i have been wanting trying to get into pump paintball for awhile now, and have narrowed my two gun choices to the pps superstocker, and the phantom, i don't have access to either, so i am counting on you guys to best describe each gun for me, i like the way the palmer looks, but i also like the idea of being able to switch away from stock class pump, so in that regard i like the phantom...
which is more quiet?
which feels the most solid? (craftsmanship, reliability,)
which has least kick?

any consideration to my situation is greatly appreciated,
thanks
Carl
1750carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to adrianc2

I just bought i super stocker awile ago. I like it alot its not loud or quite and doesnt have much of a kick.
adrianc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I asked this question a while ago in the pump section.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

which is more quiet?
Depends on barrel. More porting is less sound.

Both are very solid made and very reliable. The Phantom is very light and may feel a bit fragile though.

which has least kick?
I can't tell you, but since you need to pump for each shot, kick doesn't matter one bit.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

i've had about 5 or 6 super stockers... but get the phantom first...
get a SC body and a DF body...

pics of my stuff here:
http://www.freewebs.com/non-inflammable/
freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4p3Rc1iP View Post
Both are very solid made and very reliable. The Phantom is very light and may feel a bit fragile though.
I'd have to say the SS has a more solid feel to it. I love my Phantom, mainly because it's so light and accurate/consistant, but I also find that the thumbscrews that hold the grip to the body (esp. the front one) seem to loosen up fairly often. I think current models have a slot or hex-head on the screw so you can get it good & tight, but mine's an older one, so all I've got for leverage is the knurling around the edge of the screw. I don't think this is really a flaw in the design, more just a quirk that I have with mine because either I can't tighten the screws sufficiently or I pump it too hard.

The Super Stocker, on the other hand, has a bit of heft to it and at least feels more solid. I've never really played more than a game or two with one, though, so I can't say for sure that it really is more durable. The half-dozen Sheridan/PMI brass guns I've had, though (on which the SS is based) were the most rock-solid things in the world.
-Chad

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I also would suggest considering a pump marker with a hopper and a small co2 tank.

Running a small sized hopper and a nice small co2 tank allows you to play alot more freely.. you dont need to walk onto the field thinking about the 10 balls in your stock class tube and the 30 balls worth of shots you have in your 12 gram cartridge.

It seems alot of people tend to end up running a co2 tank anyways for economy purposes. I had a vertical feed phantom with a bottomline and ran a small co2 tank and it was a great great gun. Its just nice to not have to carry 10 round tubes and buy 12's at big 5.

So consider that.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts