mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

CCM Autococker/Minicocker Pump Kits

Ok guys, I need some help. I have recently purchased an Evolution Minicocker and I am converting it to a Sniper. My brother, Anonym, and I had put together this great idea on building a pump kit rather than buying a new one for $70-$80. So, with about $25 in parts, we got started and found out that the idea won't work with out some more custom parts. The basics of the idea was to use a Blazer ASA and an LPC, but we found out this weekend that the Blazer ASA wouldn't work because it would touch the trigger frame causing a ~1/4" gap. I could try to create something to act as a spacer between the ASA and the body, but I don't know if I can do this and keep the ASA from moving around. So now my delimma, should I continue with the custom kit or fork out the cash and purchase a CCM or WWA kit.

So, my question is: How do the CCM pump kits mount (especially on Minicockers) and do they move around or is there something that prevents this?

Also, if you happen to have a picture of a Minicocker with a CCM kit installed, I would love to see what it looks like.

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
I have a Phantom

Send a message via MSN to Rayodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rayodder

all mini Cocker pump kits has the ASA intergrated into the guide rod, so they don't move around.
Rayodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

So is it just tension from tightening the banjo-bolt into the mainbody that holds it all in place?

EDIT: I just noticed on the WWA "mock blocks" that there is a lip across the back bottom of the block. This would keep the mock block and ASA from moving, and would answer my question if I had asked about WWA kits. On a CCM kit, is there any thing similar that would hold the kit in place so it won't rotate?

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag

Last edited by Walrus; 09-05-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
No the CCM kit doesn't have that,they can move around if not tightened up enough
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

For a mini I think I would go with the WWA kit. I just like the ASA part better than the CCM.

Peace
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Well it was on my mind all day yesterday, so I ended up out in the garage making a piece that should keep the Blazer ASA from moving. I will hopefully be able to finish it up tonight and try it out.

If this doesn't work, then I am definately looking to purchase a pump kit made for a Mini. I like the looks of the WWA and the fact that it would stay put once mounted, but they are 3-4 weeks from getting more in and it is $77.49! I have found a CCM kit that is available now, but it is $79.95!
Has any one had any experience with either kit? If so, could you share some pros and cons about it.

My Gallery

Old 09-06-2006, 06:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

I havent personally had experience with either kit but everyone seems to be satisfied with both. I like the WWA asa alot but really only if it matched up to your body style, it might be quite off if you had something really custom. I think Evolutions have a pretty much stock cocker body towards the front, so it should work better.

I think that they are both worth the price though, I payed 100 bucks for a pump kit for a phantom. Its really worth it if you ask me.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

very happy with the CCM mini kit. nothing moves that shouldn't.
speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

well, I decided to finish my setup instead of purchasing a pre-made kit. I finialized it today and got to test shoot it. I must say it is very nice!! Pics will be up in the WGP section of the Armory.

My Gallery

Last edited by Walrus; 09-11-2006 at 09:15 AM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts