mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Chess13

Yeah the E-tippies and E-Spyders are the way to go for Co2 if you want electro.
Chess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Generally you'll do better with Pop-it valve derivatives over spool based markers, but the key to making it work will be the same. Keep Liquid C02 away from the delicate o-rings in the solenoid or you'll ruin it.

Double Regulate with something like a stablizer and use a C02 friendly LPR if you can. This combo will work with pretty much any E-Gun.

Keep in mind with an electro you can easily freeze the tank or the reg up. I wonder if anyone has pictures of Carter's E-Vector from Castle a few years ago. He had to keep switching tanks because they were frozen Solid (Gun was fine).

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
A few weeks ago I froze my arm on the stock-mounted 10oz on my BE Golden Eagle while blasting away at Brewtt and co. The velocity was dropping noticeably as well. It left a pink mark on the inside of my arm that remained for a day or so. So yeah the tanks can get pretty cold when you wail on them.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Blah

Can Your Gun Swim? - PbNation
xkpxfatassxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #25 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Isnt welding grade CO2 pretty darn clean as well? I dont know of any actually "dirty" CO2, as both welders get it from the same place as the food guys.

You do run some risks on running CO2 at very high ROF, but nothing that cant be dealt with.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 AM   #26 (permalink)

I've advocated many people using ICD electros on CO2 with the setup below and this method would go for most poppet style electros. Actually, all electros really....nobody has had any problem that could be attributed to the gas source. I would shy away from spoolers in general for they are very temperamental regarding temperature, and as DarkStar suggests, they have many orings that must be maintained.

You can run most on CO2, but it would require at least an anti-siphon tank, Palmer Stabilizer reg to stop liquid from passing, and lastly, buying a AKA guardian filter because CO2 tanks are notoriously dirty because the bottles they are contained in, and the fact they change state during storage, which can pick up particulates.... not good on any electro pneumatic solenoid.

The main problem by far is freezing due to liquid CO2 expansion.

I'm sure most of the Vibe/SP-1 owners will chime in on their markers handling CO2 stock, because SP claims and use them with CO2 stock, but the exact same precautions mentioned above should apply. The SP-1 stock duckbill angles the CO2 tank down to keep liquid out, and has "stabilizer like" regulator that has a relief valve to stop intrusion of liquid CO2. I still would not run one without an anti-siphon and guardian filter. But at their stock pricing, maybe people don't care....

Last edited by Litespeed; 03-19-2008 at 12:38 AM.
Litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

best electro on co2

old school
shoebox
Shockers are the best on co2
Richter power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Cheffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
The Ion will run on CO2, but you will have issues. CO2 is "dirty" compared to HPA. There tends to be rust and other debris that gets in the air stream. This can cause real problems clogging the solenoid. Unless you have zero availability for HPA, you would be better off getting one of the steel HPA tanks and using that. They are only about $50 and can save you a lot of time and money repairing/replacing solenoids.
Seriously, hasn't this myth perpetuated by the HPA industry been put to bed yet? Hate CO2 because it's less consistent, or because it can spike velocities, or freeze your precious solenoid.... but the whole "CO2 is dirty" is pure bunk and people need to get a grip.

Sorry Tarakian, not meaning to offend, your post just was the one I pulled up to point to, there are many many who pass along this myth.

That being said. I can fire my ion on CO2 as long as I go easy on it. I start pulling more than a few bps and it starts getting funky. I won't put CO2 through my dm6, the solenoid costs about as much as my whole ion. If I were planning on actually going out and playing with an electro and CO2 I would do as others have suggested... concentrate on blow back electro sear trippers.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
#MArIsAwesome

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyan View Post

That being said. I can fire my ion on CO2 as long as I go easy on it. I start pulling more than a few bps and it starts getting funky. I won't put CO2 through my dm6, the solenoid costs about as much as my whole ion. If I were planning on actually going out and playing with an electro and CO2 I would do as others have suggested... concentrate on blow back electro sear trippers.
I hate blowbacks. Plain and simple. So, I don't think I'm going to go with a blowback.

I'm actually thinking of getting a Rainmaker - I've got a line on one that looks pretty decent.

And they're LOUD. I love getting a followed by a .

Jordan
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
ICD-O Boss

I run my b2k4 on CO2, not a problem. Ramp w/ it, whatever. Of course, I use and AS tank and at least one Stab, usually two. Tank will frost over, and I have had it freeze up. Female Stab will get chilly and the male will never get below ambient temperature.
63VDub is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts