mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Like incynr8 pointed out, I believe the absolute best electronic marker for use with C02 is the AKA Excaliber. I just used a female stab (set at 500 psi) for an ASA in conjunction with the sidewinder (screw flush is approximately 200 psi) that comes standard with the excaliber. I set the max ROF for 16 BPS and it is extremely consistent. It seems to shoot forever on an anti-siphoned 20 ounce. I would avoid using the Viking because frankly, they shoot too fast, the Excal can become a brick of ice during long streams of rapid fire. My excal is the black marker in the pic.

I hear excals are selling for cheap nowadays.
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 05:01 AM   #42 (permalink)

I got HPA in like 2002 or 2003, and I still use co2 for certain applications to this day. Let me clarify that both co2 and HPA are pretty much remote only for me I have a 114/45 and a 48oz (3lb) co2 tank, both are too large otherwise.

to the "Dirty gas" anti-co2 crowd, doesn't your shop fill with filters??? And don't you clean out the tank every now and then?? I mean, removing a pin valve isn't hard. I have only been to a shop that gave me gas with crap in it once, There was black dust at the bottom of my co2 tanks after play there. I don't go there anymore (I have found oil from their compressor in my HPA tanks!! that is very dangerous! They must not have filters anywhere)

Maybe it is just the fact that I like to take EVERYTHING apart and clean it when I am bored, but I almost never have problems with co2. I have even ran my Angel on co2 plenty in testing never had any junk or crap, nor have I ever blown an o-ring doing this.

I am not discounting that some people have serious issues running co2, but I maintain that these are mainly the result of climate, poor quality gas, poor regs, and lack of liquid control.

The only marker that refuses to shoot more than a few shots on co2 without serious velocity issues that I have ever used is my RT valved mag. Now before you guys ask why co2 was ever there in the first place note that in my experience most of the reason why companies say HPA only is to hype their product as in that it is too high-end to use co2. Obviously AGD does not hype like other companies.

I will say that some regulators just don't seem to like co2, my WDP minireg on my Angel doesn't tolerate it very well, but I use a WGP Ergo regulator on it, and no real issue. My ICD BKO had a terrible time on co2, replaced the regulator with a palmer stabilizer and I had no issue.

My recommendation would be Stabilizer, Ergo/BM, and Maxflo regulators for co2 use. Also remember that dual regulation is great with co2 and that if you don't have the output pressure to dual reg right, then you are probably playing where it is too cold, and I would say consider HPA.

I personally run my Smart Parts Shocker 4x4 on co2 all of the time, never have an issue. I use a 48oz tank (Usually with 40oz fills) and a 42" SS braid remote with a bleed valve, a gas-thru stock, and a vertical maxflo. Never have an issue, the marker seems to run the same on co2 as HPA.

I have ran other markers on co2 without issue. For some reason Smart Parts markers seem to work better than most on the gas. I have seen AKA and ICD electros work reasonably well on it, once I put the stabilizer on my BKO, it never gave me an issue. I have seen several old Matrix markers running very well on co2, though they did have Palmer Rocks on them.

Last edited by sdlm; 03-22-2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Spelling
sdlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Un Tico

I use to use a CO2 on spyder and cocker. Using a remote line seemed to help from keeping the gun from getting cold for sure never freeze, even when you went hard on it. the tank itself would be colder then hell tho, cant even touch it sometimes.
C_losjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here is a pic of my Viking and my Excaliber. They are both set up to take C02 and only the addition of the Palmer's Female Stabalizer was needed. I don't know of any electros other than the Shoebox Shocker, Spider, and Tippmans that can handle C02 well. They both get at least 100 shots per ounce.

You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #45 (permalink)

if a remote is used my shocker works very well
Down, by the park, under stone, under pine
There's a carcass of my brother William
Brother where, have you gone to?
I swear, I never thought I could
I see so many times
They told me to shoot straight
Don't pull the trigger, squeeze
That will ensure a kill
A kill is what you want
A kill is why we breed
gimmy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

Don't forget the Impulse... with a vertical Maxflow.. no worries.

Peace
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote