mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I had both until recently, I lost my Grillz at a field or something, I don't know exactly how I lost it. I used the vents for 1 year and the grillz for 6 months.

Pro's and con's that I've noticed for both.

Events pro's and con's:
-Events comes with two lenses out of the packages. Damn excellent, twice the use. Sunny day or rainy, lense switch is a snap.
-Events has these little snap tabs on the side of the mask as part of the assembly. I didn't like these because they were small and subsequently, I'm missing one, I shoved a slip of macroline in the slot as replacement.
-More stylish in my opinion. The Grillz is kinda ugly.
-Non replacable Foam - Could be an issue in the future? I baby my masks, to me it's like taking care of my eyes. I need em!
-Smaller tighter mask, great for me since I like things compacted, lets me tilt my head more.

Vforce Grillz:
-Replacable foam inserts. They sell them. Big up for a mask lasting a long time.
-Bigger, offers more protection. I'm not particularily a big guy or tiny Tim, however, this bigger size did not let me tilt my head as much to aim like I can for my events. So it was a negative for me.

=======

-Both comfortable, I never has an issue comfort wise with either of them, it was a put it on your face and forget it. Any differences is stated above.
-Price for lenses are around the same for both, Events however, came with two.
-I wear glasses, I've worn both masks with my glasses and the only thing that fogged was my glasses.

My overall preference is still the events. The smaller size allowed me to make more movement and I still love the fact that it came with two lenses. And I realized that I would be more annoyed if I lost the better of the two masks.

Both purchases I don't regret.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I've had the Events since early last year.
I like them a lot but I do have one issue with them, I find that after prolonged wear (say half an hour of more without taking them off) my ears get sore from the ends of straps/visor retention system pressing on them.
I have this issue with my snowboarding helmet too so my head might just be shaped funny.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I really like JT Flex Masks (Either Flex 7 or Pro Flex) Pro-Flex has soft ears.

Or

Vforce Profiler, super easy to change lens and with got a huge viewing area.

Jay
I am using the Flex 7 now, have been for a long time. It has been a good mask for me, I am just looking to try something different...hell I may try the new mask and go back to my Flex....

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

well, i gotta say, after trying several, the Flex 7 was where it's at for me.

tried the Vents, did not like,

Vforce was nice, but i preferred the Flex.

and i do prefer the hard ears, something about getting shot in the ear is somewhat nasty

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Fully gruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
I am using the Flex 7 now, have been for a long time. It has been a good mask for me, I am just looking to try something different...hell I may try the new mask and go back to my Flex....
That's what I've done. I have several Flex 7s (7 at last count, different lenses for different conditions) and an Events. I bought the Events to try something new (and to have an all-white mask, which I accomplished with replacement ear covers from softearmods.com)

The Events mostly sits on the shelf (in it's fancy packaging/display case) and the Flex 7s are what I wear. As I play back, I've found that the limited front venting on the Events (which seems like an oxymoron) keeps people from hearing me as clearly as when I wear the 7s.

The Events are lighter and allow for MUCH faster lens changes than the 7s, but I'm still partial to the Flex 7s.

My feedback

May I ask you to donate to help my brother Adam?
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

I may have to just stick with my Flex 7, From the sound of it I am not going to gain anything by changing up now...
The Flex 7 has been a good platform for me, but the foam is coming out of it and its starting to really show its age a on the plastic.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surestick View Post
I have this issue with my snowboarding helmet too so my head might just be shaped funny.

Are you from France?

Quote:
Old 04-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #18 (permalink)
Eli
Phat.

Send a message via AIM to Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
All,
not like PBN where the mask could weigh as much as a brick, fall off constantly, be impossible to change the lenses in, constantly smell of buffalo dung and every response would be "Its the 5hizz1e" or "Its teh bestest mask my parents evr bot me"
Obligatory PBN jab aside, I've owned two pairs of VForce goggles. I bought a Shield when they first appeared on the market, and recently owned a Profiler. Both goggles fogged on me the first day I used them. Both were almost completely unusable after a few days without anti-fog treatment. My Profiler was comfortable, but not $70 comfortable.

I've never used Events, so no help there.

If you're in the market for a goggle system you'll be wearing for long periods of time, I'd try on a mask from the Spectra family. Nothing in the time I've been paintballing has equaled the comfort of my Proflex.

Last edited by Eli; 04-04-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've owned:
Profiler, Morph, Proto, JT Proflex.

I have:
2x Proflex. They are easily the most comfortable and best ventilated goggle and probably the last brand I'll use.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

out of my MANY masks that i own... i will ONLY wear grills and proflexes now

i own/have owned the following (so you have an idea of where im coming from)

jt elite flex
Scott/tippmann
JT flex 7
JT flex 8
JT proflex x 4
dye invisions
E-vents
proto switch
ER X-Ray
Profilers
Grillz

I won the grillz in a raffle at last years NPPL Boston event, and i've been wearing them ever since.

i had 1 fogging issue, but i had no headband/sandanna like i normally wear... other than that... its been GREAT... they are light weight, flexible, easy to clean/change lenses, comfy, the looks have grown on me a lot...
but if there is EVER an issue, i fall back on my flexes. (i keep 2 pairs in my car JUST to be safe)

Events gave me a massive headache after the 3rd game... im a loud player, I like my team to know everything i do about the the field at all times... i couldnt do that with the events... i actually had to sit out a few games because my head was pounding due to the massive echo of Events... never again will i wear them for that sole reason (unless they change the design)

i love the looks of Events, but i love the functionality of Grillz WAY more.
noelydeeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts