mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-04-2008, 06:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hater Sauce experiences?

I have been using Dow 33 for moving parts and Dow 55 for non moving parts for years. I found out about some stuff called Hater Sauce. It looks like Dow 55 but supposedly it smells different. Has anyone used all 3 products and compared them?

Hater Sauce

I guess they have a version 2.0 of the Hater Sauce. Has anyone used that stuff as well?
You have serious problems Himura. I remember when I first started buying guns I would oogle your collection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
I'm sad to say I've rejected some pretty choice poon before. Sometimes little Mayvik (brain) gets the better of big Mayvik (peen). I blame it on the a..aha ha ah...ah ah alcohol.
My MCB Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post331126
himurax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I believe it's just Dow with some kind of synthetic oil mixed in to thin it out. Lots of folks on PBN like it but the name alone would sell gallons to that crew.

The guys who designed my gun wrote a manual. That manual tells me all the stuff they think I should use to clean and lubricate my gun so I generally stick with those things because the guys who created it know best. I think of it this way: If I sent my gun in to the company for a complete rebuild would it come back with Hater Sauce or Marmelade or whatever designer lube is hot right now or would it come back with the lubicrants specified in the manual? The answer to that question tells me what I need to buy to maintain my gun.

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Mr. Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
I use SuperLube/ Radio Shack lubegel
its likr 4 bux for a giant tube. Best stuff Ive ever used
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cheffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Furious View Post
I believe it's just Dow with some kind of synthetic oil mixed in to thin it out. Lots of folks on PBN like it but the name alone would sell gallons to that crew.

The guys who designed my gun wrote a manual. That manual tells me all the stuff they think I should use to clean and lubricate my gun so I generally stick with those things because the guys who created it know best. I think of it this way: If I sent my gun in to the company for a complete rebuild would it come back with Hater Sauce or Marmelade or whatever designer lube is hot right now or would it come back with the lubicrants specified in the manual? The answer to that question tells me what I need to buy to maintain my gun.
I'd tend to agree with you, except I know in the case of the Matrix family, the experts on matrixowner recommend immediatly cleaning all the dye applied gunk from the gun amd relubing with a different brand of lube. The matrixowner group has been around longer than DYE has been making matrixes (matrices?) and I trust thier opinion completely.
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
B
Retro grouch

I'll make you what ever name you want to call it seriously all these fad lubes are just a base and an oil mix. Take some slick honey and add red syn oil and you have the makings for an over priced super lube ready to line you pockets with money from the unknowing of the internet.

I can make

green booger lube guarenteed to be slicker then your sister's snot

blood lust lube it will give you more eliminations period

grey stuff nothing better then stuff

I think we are being hit by a tsunami of stupidity.
Paintball is a game of honor, play it that way!

Nelson Owners Group

RIP Grifyn
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

B's right.
We used to mix ATF and airtool oil, 50/50, and sell tiny bottles for $5.

Though some guns have fragile components that do require specialized lubricants. But I don't like fragile guns. I like guns that I don't have to do any maitainence, or even care about what kind of oil I use... if at all.

nick

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

i use EXCLUSIVELY hater sauce 2.0 on all my spool valve guns... ive been able to lower my operating pressure, lower my lpr on my pm6 (and 2 pm5s) i get more consistent numbers over the chrono with just a lube change (ive been working on a lube write up for a LONG time now)

all the regs that call for grease, get dow33...
all my timmy o-rings get dow55 (except the bolt gets tri-flow)
all my blowbacks get air tool oil
all my pumps get air tool oil
all my autocockers get air tool oil
all my Spool valves get hater sauce 2.0 (except my mag, which gets air tool oil as well)

i have gone over a month (6-8 times playing in that time) without re-lubing with hater... and im sure i could've gone longer...

although, i tend to clean/relube my stuff after EVERY day of play. I wanted to go for a time period for my write up.
noelydeeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

... I use hoppes oil on most of my gun parts. Sometimes triflow, although that stuff has teflon (which isn't really good for you)
2 bucks a bottle isn't bad, for a 3-month supply.
Reg rebuild is usually by the books, although if there isn't a lube mentioned, I'll usually use something thick, like lithium grease.
mikebola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Air tool oil or Hoppes #9 is always a safe bet. Its cheap and you can get it at Walmart.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I use a mixture of Hater Sauce and Sticky Honey on my nipples! Chicks dig it!

Sorry, I could not help my self!
sniper97 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts