mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

A few autococker questions

Hey guys, I'm currently half blocking a 2k2 autococker in metal shop. For the last little while I've had the idea in my head to just go full out and half block it as well as making it a mini and even a midget (removing excess lower tube past the grip frame).

My questions are:
I know after "mini"ing a body you lose a lot of internal volume which can lead to shoot down on electro's without a LPC. Is the loss of volume anything to be concerned about with a mechanical 'cocker? I don't think so but I want to consider everything.

Also, can anyone give any reason not to midget a body? I know either a spring kit or some serious regulator adjustment will be necessary to bring the velocity down from the stratosphere.

Lastly, can anyone recommend an affordable kit for it? I've seem some major variance in price from $40 all the way to $80. This is a project that I don't want to cheap out on but I also don't want to pad peoples pockets for no gain over the more economical kits. I can't recall but do most kits also include the pull pin as well?

Thanks for your time,
Penguin
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

With 30 views someone must have a little experience with a half block and or a mini 'cocker. The half blocking will be finished tomorrow and I'm looking for some user experience. I'm planning on picking up the half block kit off of ebay for $42 unless someone can recommend another similarly priced kit.
Penguin
Old 05-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Re: Mini, it depends how far you are pushing the gas system, i.e. whether you have a high-flow, low pressure valve system. It is possible to run into volume issues on a shot-to-shot basis, it's not only about shootdown.

No reason other than the need for retuning/respringing/getting different springs and looks not to midget.

I have heard some not so hot things about the Jones Gunworks kits, good things about jcurt's kits. Have not heard anything bad about hvacman's kits.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the answers the gun'll be run on a HP crossfire tank with the stock valve. I've looked at the kits and while I'm sure hvacmans's kits are nice it's a little to steep for me. I was wary to consider jcurt's kits just because I haven't seen him around too much but have heard him mentioned over on AO I believe. Whats he go on here by - jcurt? I'll probably go with his kit after what you said about gunworks.
Thanks for the help,
Penguin

One last thing, does anyone know off hand what the threads for the IVG are? It'll probably need a little cleaning up. I'll search but maybe it'll come up in here.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
drg
Banned

Jcurt455 I believe. You should be fine with the mini-ing.
drg is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts