mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Air America Raptor Rex Spare Parts?

Okay... I have recently picked up a AA Raptor Rex reg... I remember way back when that someone said that the Reg uses Mag seals. Is it just the reg seat seal or does it also use the reg spring and piston.

If so.. from AGD's site, what will I need as a first aid type kit for fixing the reg if it was to ever go down?
Airgun Designs Online Store - 68Automag/Classic/ Minimag/Sydarm/Micromag Valve Parts

Thanks in advance!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
fog

I remember someone on AO posting they had bought multiple rebuild kits for them and was gonna sell some off, this wasnt too long ago. You may want to ask there
fog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Maybe this will help.
I believe it is just the oring.

here is a pic of the rebuild kit?
Automag Air America Regulator Rebuild Seal Set - I&I Sports

link to maual: Also has a break down of which o-ring
http://www.walkerz.org/images/pball/...ptormanual.pdf

Last edited by Groucho; 05-02-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Okay... I have recently picked up a AA Raptor Rex reg... I remember way back when that someone said that the Reg uses Mag seals. Is it just the reg seat seal or does it also use the reg spring and piston.

If so.. from AGD's site, what will I need as a first aid type kit for fixing the reg if it was to ever go down?
Airgun Designs Online Store - 68Automag/Classic/ Minimag/Sydarm/Micromag Valve Parts

Thanks in advance!

E
Mag seats and pins can be used in the secondary regs, but in Primary regs, they are too soft for the amount of pressure they see. If you use Mag seats in secondary regs you need to use the Mag reg pin also.

Problem is AA seats are getting near impossible to find. I am trying to find a source of more or a replacement. Unfortunately when the body is taken apart the seat should be replaced, as when it is assembled the body halves crush the seat into the proper shape. If your re is creeping then you need a seat, if its leaking you need a piston o-ring or body halve o-ring, which are both interchangeable with Mag parts. Let me know if there is anything else AA related I can help with.
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Thanks bro. Reg is brand spanking new so I hope to not have any problems (knock on wood) for a loooooooong time. I was just trying to prepare for that eventual failure of some soft part.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Thanks bro. Reg is brand spanking new so I hope to not have any problems (knock on wood) for a loooooooong time. I was just trying to prepare for that eventual failure of some soft part.

E
Also keep in mind, do not use the adjuster to turn off the air, unless absolutely necessary. If you must, adjust the pressure out 1-1.5 turns, shoot gun, repaet as many times as needed to get to zero. If you do not you may nick the piston o-ring and create an instant leak. The o-ring gets pushed into the safety bleed hole on the body with too much pressure, which will nick the piston o-ring. Slide checks (hate them...lol), Pro connects, or the on/off that Palmers sells works great!
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts