mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I can just see the answer to that now. Drum's sitting at home, minding his own business, when Glen Palmer busts in and kicks him in the nuts.
If he doesn't like to build Hurcs anymore, he needs to change his logo: Palmers Pursuit Shop!, Where Custom Still Means Something

When that happens....then "custom isn't custom" Custom would be if it can be cnc'd, and produced in bulk. I don't think PPS wants to become SP anytime soon.
JeramieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
C4 Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to BLC_Misfire Send a message via MSN to BLC_Misfire Send a message via Yahoo to BLC_Misfire

I went from a Typhoon to a 2K Blazer, back to a Typhoon...

I traded the first Typhoon I had for a Blazer because I was getting ready to do my first 24 hour scenario and I thought lugging around that hunk of brass for that length of time might be a bit much.

Then after several outings with the Blazer, I was finding that if I really railed on the trigger that the barrel was moving around a lot and my shot pattern was getting very wide. I used to be able to do the same with the Typhoon (although not quite as fast) and have a very nice shot group still. I attributed that to the weight of the markers.

After trading the Blazer to get another Typhoon (this time with a pump kit and double trigger) I found that my problem was most likely the double/blade trigger. (On a single trigger I'll use my middle finger when I need a quick blast of fire power.)

After all that, the platforms are probably equal in a lot of respects. I, however, find myself leaning to the Typhoon. I guess that's because having a 'light' marker, has never been that important to me. (Any Nelspot owner can tell you how hefty those are...)

If my daughter continues to play and gets serious enough that I need to get her a PPS marker, she'll have a Blazer though. With the pump kit of course.

BLC is the team, Misfire is the name...
BLC_Misfire is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts