mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Nightmare Comp issues

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a BE Nightmare Comp from Spduca998, and it arrived today. While the marker is in Like New shape, when I install a CO2 cartridge into it, it leaks the air out instantly. The value doesnt seem to hold air at all. Any suggestions on how to repair this, or someone that can fix it?

I havent the faintest idea how to disassemble this puppy, I havent had one since the early 90s.

Thanks!
MrC
Old 05-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Disassembly is easy, I had a write up in our old "tech Wiki" but that is long gone. Basically, to get at the valve, remove the grip frame, pump and back plug. Allow the Hammer and spring to fall out the back. Then, remove all of the small set screws from the lower tube, I believe there will be one on each side, maybe one on the bottom. Once all screws are removed from the bottom tube, inset a wooden dowl in the barrel, pushing back the bolt and continue to push firmly until all of the guts (bolt, spring, valve assembly, pop out the back. Use a large standard screw driver to open up your now exposed valve. The cup seal is a "plastic" disc that will be loose unter the valve cap. There will also be a small o-ring that seals around the valve stem at the front (power tube end). Your leak could be either of these or possibly the two exterior valve body o-rings.

The problem with these is that it is now pretty difficult to find the correct seals, especially the cup seal.

Edit: if you can pinpoint where it is leaking you'll at least know what you need. You didn't really say where it is leaking, is it leaking at the changer, dumping out the barrel, somewhere else in the lower tube?

Last edited by WilD; 05-15-2008 at 04:40 PM.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Kool-Aid Rundown

Products

Towards the bottom of the page, he is selling a complete seal kit for it for about $15.
gideons_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply wild. The leaks seems to be "everywhere"... I feel air around the gripframe and trigger, and it pours out so fast, I cant tell if it is mainly down the barrel or elsewhere.... this thing is in beautiful shape, you think it would be worth it to ask Palmers or someplace to take a wack at it? He did send a spare value with it, but no o-rings or other items. Sigh..........
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Gideon, you rock, ordered the seal set...
Old 05-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kool-Aid Rundown

Not a problem, good luck!
gideons_wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts