mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
One Shot Wonders

Send a message via Yahoo to Delamorte

CCM Fan
MVC-002F.JPG

You can see that the silver part is where it has been milled off. You can also see that there is what looks to be some rubbing where it enters the gun. I had to sand a bit of material off of the latest one we had done, I think just because the anno was so thick, but I'm not sure. Getting one to fit is a bit of a trial and error thing, but you can't really screw it up.

Also, you will most likely have to mod your pump handle to fit over the freak back, as they are pretty fat. We did this to Bradzerkers sterling, using a dowel rod and some 60 grit sandpaper, and it took about 10 or 15 minutes. A little trick I found is that when you get the handle to start to fit over the freak it will seem to catch in the middle as you will be taking more material off of the ends. You can push the freak into the handle and if you push pretty firmly, when you take it out you can see where you still need to sand by the shiny spots in the tube of the handle.

It's a bit of work, but I love my sterling now that I have that freak setup. I barely shoot anything else.
"OMG! Oh! - MY! - GOD! ... I've been playing over ten years and nobody ever told me I had to wear a cup! It's an outrage! A Conspiracy! Why didn't anyone tell me I could get shot in the balls! They hate my balls! Ten YEARS! Ahhhhhhhh! ... conspiracy" ~WilD

My Feedback

Last edited by Delamorte; 05-16-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: fixing a typo
Delamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
One Shot Wonders

Send a message via Yahoo to Delamorte

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane-O View Post
Have someone bore out your stock barrel for inserts, easiest solution.

Shane-O has a good point here.
"OMG! Oh! - MY! - GOD! ... I've been playing over ten years and nobody ever told me I had to wear a cup! It's an outrage! A Conspiracy! Why didn't anyone tell me I could get shot in the balls! They hate my balls! Ten YEARS! Ahhhhhhhh! ... conspiracy" ~WilD

My Feedback
Delamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cheffer

Don't mill the barrel... mill the body!!!!!!

This way it takes any raptor barrel unmodded... including the freak ones.

Mine is a dye raptor barrel... that takes freak inserts (thanks to O'dells paintball).
jhyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

You will still need to sand down the part that enters the body so that it will fit the freak.

I can get a new raptor freak. Hmm.

honestly I question most peoples ability to bore a hole good enough. I want the O ring retention too..

I guess I will have my stock barrel wedgited. It is smooth though i can see their honing marks when i look at it just right. Should be reasonably strait.

There is very little metal on the breech end of the sterling barrel, with a hole for freak inserts i think it would be like aluminum foil.

Thanks for all the good responses guys.

Last edited by Cunha; 05-16-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts