mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Montneel question

This just struck me while reading another thread about remotes...

Would a Montneel work properly on a remote if a non-siphon tank was carried upside down?
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Probably not. I think there would be enough volume to let the co2 expand enough so that it wouldn't be completely liquid, especially if the gun was kept above the tank. I'm not saying you would get your "leveling" effect that you'd get with water as there is pressure in the tank pushing on the co2 in the remote hose, but I think there would be some kind of effect preventing liquid from getting to the gun.

I could be completely wrong on this and the only way to find out would be to try it out [cough]HP_Lovecraft[/cough]

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'm quite sure it'll actually work if you shoot often enough.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
HP Lovecraft has mentioned he used to do this when his siphons went out of hydro. It'll take a few extra shots to flood the valve with liquid, but it will work fine.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
I could be completely wrong on this and the only way to find out would be to try it out [cough]HP_Lovecraft[/cough]
I've done it before.

I actually did run a siphon on a remote for much of the mid 90s while playing tournaments. It DOES work, as long as you shoot lots and lots. This keeps the valve saturated with liquid.

Near the end of the 90s, some fields started getting serious about hydrodates. At the 1997 Coram big game, they refused to fill my siphons, and only had non-siphons as rental tanks.

I had no choice but to get the non-siphon, cut a hole in my remote pouch, and run the tank upside down. Much to my surprise, it worked perfectly well.

Keep in mind, I still needed to fire alot to keep the valve saturated, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, when you first screw on the tank, expect to fire a good 20-30 shots in order to fill the remote with liquid. This is critical in order to chonoro safely. Safety is obviously important.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stange, but not a stanger

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Hold the cocking knob forward while you screw in the tank. It will hold the valve open and you will get to liquid in a hurry.
tarakian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
Hold the cocking knob forward while you screw in the tank. It will hold the valve open and you will get to liquid in a hurry.
Plus it'll chill the gun, which'll help keep the liquid from expanding and keep your fps up longer Gotsta fog the Z's.

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge, If somebody pushed you over the edge, If somebody loved you and left you for dead,
You got to hold on to your time till you break through these times of trouble"
Temple of the Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironnerd88 View Post
Tournament play is about the worst spectator sport out there. I would rather watch Synchronized Dungeons & Dragons.

My Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarakian View Post
That would be a neat trick when using a remote.

I suppose that method would depend on the type of remote used. If the remote had a slide check, then slide could be turned on, while pushing the knob forward. Likewise, if there was an on/off on the remote ASA, then the on/off could be turned while pushing.

Those methods didn't work for me though, as the quick-disconnect I used had inline backchecks on both ends. It was a 2-hand operation to hook it up (I don't think it was really designed for the pressure I used it at).

Sometimes its just easier to "shoot a ton".

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Not very well
Old 06-05-2008, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

hey matt it's dana. hows everything? saw your screen name else whwere and thought that it might be you and i wasn't sure if it could be you. did you see the house guns from sny that they are fixing up here? all those tips for the icon are correct as i have done them all. but really the best way would to convert to a nitro-z and use air instead of co2. my z would shoot 290 on air and worked very well but you need to have the expansion camber and a summer valve. there's also a heavier hammer too. i'll never go back to co2. later - dana
mblaster31 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts