mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 09-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

Trracer Barrel Breaks

I'm not sure if this is because of my paint, but it's happened with various brands.

I've tried many different sizes of paint, from roll-down-the-barrel to barely-fits-past-the-detent and it's the same result. After about 3-4 shots in rapid succession (about two shots per three seconds average), the CO2 just decimates the ball and all that comes out is a fine mist. Even turning down the velocity does absolutely nothing.

I've got an expansion chamber AND macroline. Would liquid CO2 still be present in the gun even if controlling my ROF and with these pre-emptive measures?

Don't suppose there's any way to minimize this even further without an anti-siphon tank? Anyone else have this problem?
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

I have in fact had that exact problem with all of my local field's loaner/rental trracers. We tried a number of things, but had no positive results.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Inconceivable!

It's definitely a liquid CO2 issue as sometimes the velocity spikes mile-high as well when cranking out suppressing fire. It's a tempermental old thing, sometimes it's as consistent as a top-dollar reg setup and sometimes it's a nightmare. I've put up with it for ages but I'm getting bloody sick of it now.

Guess I'll remount the ASA under the body to turn the bottle vertical and see how that goes. Just a matter of figuring out how to attach a piece of material to put it there, besides using a plumbing clamp.

It's going to be a challenge as there's really no place to tap and mount it on the body and I wouldn't trust the plastic in the front part of the trigger mould to hold together if I yelled at it, let alone mounting the bottle there. Mounting the ASA on the plastic itself is a recipe for disaster -- one bad slide and I'd have a bottle rocket spraying boiling CO2 at my crotch.

Perhaps I could make a thin bracket that could go between the grip and the body, held in place by the front grip screw? I'd be restricted to using bottles short enough that they don't dip below the bottom of the grip, but I know where I can track down a couple 3.5 ouncers. I'd have to reinforce it with another screw horizontally through the plastic to give it two anchor points in case it's hit from the front and risks stripping the front screw.

Guess I've got a project and a reason to pull my digital camera out of storage now. Any tinkerers more seasoned than me care to dispense some advice on the matter?

EDIT: Or perhaps I could just do this.

Typical. My gears start rolling and then I discover that someone else has already solved it and done a better job than I could have.

Last edited by TrracerAce; 10-01-2006 at 04:24 PM.
TrracerAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

dude I really dont have that problem at all. My maverick has a dropout valve and just yesterday I was autotriggering 15 balls at a time (stock feed) to see who was faster (and in turn who beat it the most). Not a single chop the whole day.
Maverick313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

attached is a photo of an even better VSC trracer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg traccerr3pw.jpg (141.7 KB, 64 views)
Maverick313 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts