mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Tippmann a-5 cyclone problem

Hey, my brother owns a Tippmann a-5 but for some reason it will not spin and feed the balls he has just bought all the tech t upgrades for it. also if it helps he hasd also bought the red hot power tube and a jcs trigger.
help please!

Last edited by paintballer4ya; 07-20-2008 at 01:59 AM.
paintballer4ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

you mean wont spin???
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

ya im sorry it wont spin and feed the balls my bad
Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Paintball Fox

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Did he followed the instruction to install it correctly?
BenoitOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

can you cycle it manually? will the marker run ie cycle, if the cyclone cycles manualy, check that the banjo fittings are in line for air flow, check that the red power tube is in line with the banjo hole, if it dosnt cycle manually the t-tech was installed incorrectly.
foldadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

it cycles manually thats fine also the banjo fittings are in the right place and all we checked that all. also if it is any help on fixing the problem we has a palmer stab on there as well
Old 07-20-2008, 02:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
First thing to check is unhook the hose from the Cyclone, put your finger over the end of the hose (connected to the gun but not the feeder) and fire the gun. Is there a burst of air? If not, there's no air getting to the Cyclone and you have an issue with the hose, or the connection to the valve.

Is he using an RT kit? Reports are that using the Cyclone AND RT at the same time sucks too much air through the tiny stock hose to allow either to function very well. You might need to upgrade to 1/8" hose kit.

Another thing to check is will the Cyclone index if it's not screwed into the gun. Detach the Cyclone housing so it's only connected via the hose, and fire. If it spins, good, probably just had it cranked down too tight and a paddle is hitting the bolt or gun body somehow. If not, the problem is with the Cyclone itself.

If that hasn't fixed it..tear the whole thing down, check for debris, broken parts, etc. Clean it, relube, and put it back together and try again.

Finally, does he have a QEV installed? If so does it seem to be venting a ton of air when he fires?

Did your bro install the Tech-T stuff himself? Is he fairly mechanically competent or could he have put something in backwards/upside down/wrong? If none of the above seem to be the problem, I'd do a very careful rebuild following all the instructions provided by Tech-T. Could be that the piston or something has a burr or interference issue that's not allowing it to cycle properly, but that seems unlikely.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Konraden

Is there air in the bottle? I nearly crapped myself the first time I was fired my A-5, the Cyclone didn't turn. I asked around online, got quite a few responses along the line of "you need air."

If there isn't enough PSI, the cyclone might not cycle. Refill the tank and try again.

However, if it cycles manually, it's probably not anything to do with the Cyclone system.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

we is not running a r/t so that cant be it. sorry to ask but what is a QEV isnt it a qwick something valve and what do you mean about venting. i will check the hose tomorrow morning to see if its getting air right. we have taken the entire cyclone off and there is a burst of air coming through the hole in the gun but i am not sure if we checked the house or not. yes he did put the tech t stuff on himself and he went back and checked all he did and all has a thumbs up. if all is good in the morning i will take the gun apart and put it back together because he is doing stuff for the national guard in the morning so he will not be home if that does not fix it i will write back on here for any more suggestions.ONe last thing what is the index. thank you guys!
Old 07-20-2008, 02:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Is there air in the bottle? I nearly crapped myself the first time I was fired my A-5, the Cyclone didn't turn. I asked around online, got quite a few responses along the line of "you need air."

If there isn't enough PSI, the cyclone might not cycle. Refill the tank and try again.

However, if it cycles manually, it's probably not anything to do with the Cyclone system.
we have refilled the air plenty of times to see if that was the problem so i know its not that eather

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts