mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Setting an Autotrigger

Okay all, I have a PBMaxx Autotrigger for this Sniper I recently picked up for my girlfriend (it was designed specifically for the marker). So since she's new to the game, I figured I'd give her every possible advantage while still keeping her playing pump.

So I go to setup the autotrigger, thinking I had a general idea of what I have to do, but after fiddling around with it for an hour and a half, I can't seem to get the trigger to "work" (aka budge at all). Any hints/tips on what to do. And don't worry, you can treat me like an idiot since I know this is going to be glaringly obvious.

Thank you all in advance for the help!
Sexy_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't know much about the system that you're using. ( I don't know much about autotriggers at all except for when I had an ss-25 briefly)

Can you adjust the rotational position of the bolt that goes through the trigger frame in reference to the arm that hooks up to the pump arm? That's the only thing I could think of.

-Rayn
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
is in the left gate...

Send a message via AIM to jwigum

The auto trigger should replace the safety, and trigger when the pump is all the way forward. Where in the pump stroke the triggering happens directly coresponds to where on the pump arm the autotrigger is attached(farther back=later, farther forward=earlier).

Without seeing the setup, it's hard to say much more than that.
jwigum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Actually tuning it I can figure out, but what I can't figure out is why I can't pull the trigger at all while the AT piece is in. Or am I missing something else here?
Old 10-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Well the rod that goes into the grip frame is probably mis aligned, and acting as a safety.

Essentially the AT is a rotating safety that acts as a safety whenever it's rotated because of the pulling back of the pump arm. I'm guessing it's a bit misaligned. That's probably why the trigger doesn't pull i would guess.

I'm guessing there's a flat part on the rod that goes into the trigger frame, that should be facing forward when the pump is all the way forward.

I'm no expert on this, and i'm not sure i totally understand what's going on but a picture would probably help some of the more knowledgable.

Last edited by Raynman; 10-08-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Raynman, I thought the exact same thing, but after it wasn't giving the first couple of times, I just tried inserting the rod in any position and the trigger won't budge no matter what, so long as the rod is inserted. There is a flat part, but alligning it does nothing for some reason. I'm going to fiddle around with it a little more and see if I can't figure it out.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Take the grip frame off the gun and fiddle with it. My guess is the notch in the auto trigger bellcrank (the part that rotates in the safety hole) is slightly too narrow, and not allowing the tip of the trigger (i.e. the part that the safety blocks) to move back. With the grip off the gun, rotate the auto-trigger bell crank while applying pressure to the trigger. As you manipulate the bellcrank, you should feel the trigger move back and forth. Once you can do that, put the grip frame back on the gun.

Now (making sure your gun isnt loaded) pump the forend back and forth while holding the trigger back. It should fire as you push the pump handle closed. If it doesnt, adjust the timing to rotate the bellgrank counterclockwise, or foreward (gun on bench, muzzle facing left, grip towards you).

If it fires too early, rotate the bellcrank backward to delay the firing.
sniperfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts