mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
macrolineguy.com

just wondering if anyone has ordered from this site before.

i really only need a foot of clear macro, which they can do for $4 shipped.

Macrolineguy.com - Macroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cameron View Post
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

He is a decent guy.
There should be no problem with your order.
Groucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've sparred with him a few times over the deceptive practice of calling 700psi macroline as 9425psi.

I know WHY he is doing it. Go to PBN, and most of the uneducated users will tell you about the super-strong macroline that macroline guy is selling. No realizing its not even rated to handle a HP-HPA tank, let alone Co2.

I've asked him a few times to at least post the actual rating, and his response to me was he tested the 700psi line himself, and it didn't blow until around 1500psi, so its "safe".

Apart from the deceptive labelling, everything I've heard is that he is fast and accurate with orders.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
so putting some of his clear macrol ine on a mag that will be running off of CO2, bad idea? or are there any other recommendations that you might make?

Quote:
Anyone who thinks they can out-birddog a birdog, regardless of weather conditions, is just stupid.
My Feedback

Last edited by ScrapIron; 08-15-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

I would suggest not running any macroline.

To run co2, it should be rated to at least 1800psi. (Thats working pressure, not burst pressure, or tensile pressure). There exist poly line rated that high, but you see it rarely because, well, it cost more. Plus the inner ID is smaller, so the flow rate is effected.

I've been complaing for years about macroline ever since people started taking it off the LP Shockers, and putting it on HP guns, resulting in blown line Recently, however, the industry has started labelling macroline as "LP version", and "HP version". So, it took a while, but safety has finally started to outweigh profits.

"the evidence strongly suggests that neither Billy nor Adam (Smart Parts) could have invented the electronic paintgun" -Garr M. King, U.S. Judge
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
I've never run into any of the issues described. I've ordered many times from him, except for one order where one piece was missing, everything has always been perfect, and he made it right fast for that one missing part. As far as psi ratings, I have no idea about deceptive practices. I've run HP air and CO2 through his macroline for years, and, while I don't play as much as many, I've never had a problem with it bursting.
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
ok thanks.

Quote:
My Feedback
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I had a good experience with my order from him.

However, after a very scary experience with a HPA tank and macroline (Not his...) I won't use it at such high pressure regardless of the rating claimed by the seller. My tank reg jambed and dumped full pressure into my E-Mag. I don't usually use it there, but the gun was set that way from Ebay and I hadn't changed it yet. I literally almost **** my pants when the line blew. I couldn't see what happened (It was on the passenger side of the gun) but my hand went completely numb and I couldn't feel my fingers, as I dropped the gun I half expected to be missing a few. Thank god all was good. Eventually feeling returned to my hand.

NO harm no faul, No More MACROLINE at high pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.

Last edited by DarkStar; 08-16-2008 at 01:17 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Corp Por, Kal Vas Flam

macroline also tends to not sit well...after taking a 4 year break from paintball I returned to all my macro/micro lines leaking

I ended up replacing the microline with 1/8" SS tube and the macro with 1/4" SS tube. I work on high vacuum instruments and have access to the 1/4" bender that can do a 180deg bend with 1.25" radius without deforming the cross section of the tube. 1/8" SS tube one can do by hand if careful but the bend radius would have to be at least 2".

if you really want to stop wasting time then look into hard(best) or braided(good) line kits
souz4402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

I got some stuff from him. He sent me defective swivel fittings, which kinda pissed me off cause its pretty damn important that those work. The macroline would not lock in on them, or it would lock in once but then the next time I tried it didn't. Other than that he sent a bunch of stuff, which was all great, but I probably won't order from him again. He also took a hella long time to ship my macroline, though he shipped everything else pretty fast.
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts