mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 08-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Default. Same deal as your mom, his wife wasn't a gun person, so she called in the family to piece out the collection. I got the Taurus.
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Inch of Gold

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
PBN Fan
You might want to call the state police firearms division (from a pay phone) and inquire about a hypothetical situation such as yours. I'm sure they can tell you.

Generally if you're not TRYING to be sketchy about gun ownership, the handgun bureau people aren't hardasses...but MD is awfully close to DC so who knows.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

if you really WANT to just get rid of it... *looks around* ... im sure there are ways...
noelydeeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

Where in MD are you located? I am a little north of the Cockeysville/Timonium area. 15 mins from the MD/PA border.

MD is pretty strict with gun laws but I think you can register your pistol. You would have to go to a gun shop though to watch that 10 minute video. Call your local shop and find out what you need to do.
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
I'm not that far away, maybe 9 miles west of Timonium, right off of 795.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

There is a guy in Bel Air who I deal with for FFL trades. He is really good and has some very cheap prices for transfers. His name is Vincent. He knows his stuff so you can try going through him.

Also I think Continental Arms up here in Timonium might sell for people but I forget. They are a shop/indoor pistol range.

Found the link:
Auction Arms - Display FFL/Gunsmith
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
It's at White Marsh Arms in Reisterstown now, and I looked them up, they can do FFL. Thanks for looking for me.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Send a message via AIM to Stuffy

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Theres also a new gunshop in Parkville that opened up next to the old valley gunshop.
Greg I think the guy that you're talking about in Bel Air is who my dad ordered his XD and mauser through, and a bandolier of 8mm.

Ah your in Reisterstown thats cool. Im in the Herford Zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_yeo View Post
Crossing the street in a third world country is my favorite extreme sport.

/My Feedback / My Art / My Portfolio / My Channel / A Review / WTB: Green JT IZE-Flex Mask/Parts! / FS: One of a Kind Stock / Rare Raincovers FS!

Last edited by Stuffy; 08-31-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Simple possession without a license in Mass, at least the last time I checked, was something like 5 years mandatory prison. Sounds like Maryland could be just as bad. I would never have posted on a public forum. Be very careful, your life as you know it may very well hang in the balance. You get the wrong DA involved looking to make a name for himself and an example out of you and that's it.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
Theres also a new gunshop in Parkville that opened up next to the old valley gunshop.
Greg I think the guy that you're talking about in Bel Air is who my dad ordered his XD and mauser through, and a bandolier of 8mm.

Ah your in Reisterstown thats cool. Im in the Herford Zone.
Valley Gun shop had A LOT of shady deals going on there. So they lost their license and opened up a shop right next door. They turned valley into a "shooting supply" store and it has recently closed. That was a sketchy situation.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts