mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

help me!; old p-series/cooper-t - I GIVE UP

I've got a problem gun and i've given up. There's so much going on in this post, it's not even funny. Gotta start somwhere though I suppose...

Well I don't even know if this should be the correct area to post because There are so many diffrent points going on.. so I figure i'll let the big dogs sort it out for me. (I gave up, remember? ) Also, the points contained in this post are going to be slighly scattered, so bear with me.

So here we go. Ive got an old sheidan p-series direct feed. I ALSO have a nice Cooper-t IMP kit which I beleive is the pgp version. I want to mold these together somehow so that I end up with somthing like a semi-automatic early long-barrel sheridan p-series direct feed with a crossman stock and a 7oz under the stock.

Here are some of the problems: First; the imp kit that i have is for the pgp (bolt is too short, feed is too far forward, i dont know if the air outlet is in the right place with the bolt); next, the valve innards of the marker are all messed up by the p.o. (brass lower tube insert for the imp kit won't go in all the way, the valve leaks a LOT, The constant air adaptor doesn't tighten up like it should); I dont really know what i DO have (possibly a pmi-1df?).

Heres some more dillemma-like stuff: I could have the direct feed shaven off and re-attatched farther back to match up with the bolt, or i could try to find someone to trade bolts with so that i have the correct one. There is no way to test it as the air system is completley messed up and i still dont consider myself at a competent enough level to fix it. The imp kit fits funny because the brass sleeve doesnt go in all the way - i dont know if its like that on purpose for the pgp, a special valve that i dont know about, or if the valve in my gun is just retarted and back to far.

A third set of dillemma material: I could either sell it all and start over, I could send it all to palmers (likley whats going to happen) (would he even work with cooper-t stuff? i don't see why not..), or I could attemp at fixing the valve, and then attemp at finding someone who would want to trade me their longer imp bolt for my shorter imp bolt and then HOPE that all the other stuff just falls into place..(like the brass hammer sleeve, etc.)

Anyway I think thats pretty much it. Sorry if this was hard to understand; i'm just overhwelmed and over-tired (all because of this stupid gun haha).

P.S. - What the heck is this thing? It came with the imp kit but I can't figure out for the life of me what the point of it is.

Well, Thank you in advance, and I hope to hear many a useful responce from y'all.
III
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Somebody? ANYBODY?
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Old 10-14-2006, 10:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

well after some sleep i was still annoyed but at least rested. I dug headfirst into it figuring now or never (learning how this stupid valve works.) I figured out that the threads in the body for the valve retaining nut are stripped, so that was keeping the whole valve mechanism from being in the correct position. I also finally got it out all the way. It was kind of funny actually, i ended up using the constant air adapter and hooking it up to an on/off valve and then to a full 9oz. The next step was turning on the valve for a few seconds and just blowing all of the internals out of the gun by force.

Anyway so thats that, now i just have to get replacment seals and figure out what to do with the stripped threads. Luckily I've also got an old pgp that needs valve work so i can make somthing work this weekend...

Of course there is still the whole problem with the imp kit to deal with....

anyone want to trade a long imp bolt for a short one?

cheers;
III
Old 10-14-2006, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Loin Falcon Palin

Send a message via AIM to paintjunque

Don't forget to use a siphon tank to run the IMP, it needs the liquid CO2.

My Junq Sale
paintjunque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

heh, not quite to that step yet...

I definatley just took the best valve parts out of 2 broken sheridans and made 1 good valve. So this guns valve if officially working! Next step, to tackle the imp.

III
Old 10-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I may have an extra bolt that isn't pgp length.
But I need to figure out how many imp kits I have that are missing bolts first...
-Dan
bacci paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Couldn't you just cut the bolt to the proper length and/or just relocate the connecting bolt hole basically making the bolt sit further back.Shouldn't be hard it's only delrin.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Well thats it, its too short. I have a bolt for a pgp imp but i need a bolt for the pmi1df imp.

And dan, I would be willing to trade you. But there is still the problem of the brass insert that sticks out too far. didnt the imp originaly come with a diffrent valve?

III
Old 10-15-2006, 12:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

I don't think the IMP uses standard sheridan valve parts. When you put together that valve, did you include an IMP valve pin or valve body? The blowback has to come from somewhere.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hmm; no. I didnt get anything with it that could be anything like a valve. I thought the stock onw would work but somthing was nagging me that it needed a special valve. I'm gonna have to message to the guy i got it fro and see if he has it floating around..

III

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts