mcarterbrown.com

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 10-27-2006, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
KP3 Trigger group picture?

A lot of us have pictures of KP2 trigger groups out of the stock and off the marker... Does anyone have a picture of a KP3 trigger group on its own? I've heard that they have a 'snappier' feel and that the velocity adjustment is done differently. Thanks!

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
You mean a late sliding saftey KP trigger group?

The early KP3 and KP2's were the same.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Mine should be back from palmer's by Monday.
If nobody's found you a pic by then I'll take one.
Although it wont really be a stock trigger group anymore since they've added an external velocity adjuster.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to howling phantom

O no, I knew my kp was missing something. Mine doesnt have that little cylinder behind the trigger. I sopose it houses the trigger spring? I have just been playing without that cylider thing. I always worry about the spring popping out.

Always thought that the trigger pull was to soft. lol
howling phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

KP Trigger groups.

Here's a couple of slightly off topic Q's for those of you who have both types.

Which type do you prefer? I ask because the later type is easily reproduced by machining alone. The earlier type is only easily produced by casting the tail piece. I am getting set up to start casting the early type both out of aluminum (to replace the original pot metal types which don't easily annodize or plate) or out of solid brass for those of you who want a completely brass KP. Currently just working some of the kinks out of the process. The first ones will be available as replacements- no trigger or safety. If I can figure out a way to readily make the triggers and safeties I'll start selling complete units.

Will Palmer's make a Hurc using the later KP3 type?

Personally I think the early type 'Look' better. But the later one's are easier to make and can be set up for adjustable trigger pull easily.

Would anyone be interested in a 'Hybrid' that looked like the early models but had the trigger assembly of the later ones? It would likely require some inletting of the stock to make one of these fit an early KP.

Thanks for your time.
scarecrow
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
I would be very interested in a brass setup Scarecrow. (I'm sure otheres would be too). I believe either can be used for a cane as long as it's not the newer type with the trigger guard built into the trigger group.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, Palmer will not use a non-sheridan trigger group for a hurc due to an agreement between Glenn and Sheridan. So it would have to be swapped out post-hurc.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Chad: Once again, you're the man!

Scarecrow: I've seen Hurcs with both types. Both single-barrel and Nasty Hurcs, so, in short, yes. I prefer the older style. In my opinion it looks a lot better, and it is easy to add an RVA. I could really use some of those rocking safety parts remade, I've got one missing from a trigger group, and 2 more (along with rear caps) that I had to repaint. Only problem is, the paint isn't holding very well to that tricky metal...

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

no trouble at all Jason. i had that pic all ready on my hard drive.

i prefer the older style myself too. i don't see any difference between the two in terms of performance. i just prefer the looks of the old style better. i'm also not a big fan of the "drop comb" style stock of the late model kp-3's.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Yeah, I can't stand the KP3 style stock. I love the classic 'fastback' look of the KP2 and older KP3 trigger groups. Slopeback rear cap all the way!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts