mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
The pistol hammer seems short enough already. I'm thinking I might have to reduce the 'rear' part of the hammer a bit, and also reduce the 'foward-most' part of the rear plug. Then I'd also need a new trigger, but that's doable, I have some extras

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

Is the sear catching on the roll pin or the front of the hammer? If its catching the roll pin then you could shorten the trigger group and move the roll pin further forward on the hammer.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Just as an added note, some bluestreaks did come with the double sear trigger and double lipped striker. They have been making them forever there is a whole lot of variation in the mix out there. A lot of the bluestreaks we tear apart for parts are decades upon decades old.
Assnolax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Interesting note. By the way, the sear catches on the front of the hammer, not the roll pin. I have an idea on how to lengthen the travel though, it's going to involve a Dremel and I'll end up with one highly modified rear-plug, highly modified KP2 trigger, and a slightly modified Hammer. Should give me some more travel. I also need to get the valve-nut retaining threads repaired. The components seal tight (no leaks) but the valve-retaining nut only screws down 3/4 to 1 full turn, no more. I think the threads have some junk in them. This could be keeping the valve stem out too far (as Craig posted on POG). I will also try shortening the valve stem to see if that helps (I just don't want to make it too short, so that the hammer can't depress it fully).

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pretty sure I'm not 'Agg'

The problem with modifing the hammer is in the hammer material itself. They are hardened beyond imagination. Only two ways to work them in my experience, that would be diamond grinding wheel or EDM.

You would likely be better off building a new hammer out of a dense but workable material like brass and just simply installing steel inserts into it at the wear points. This would allow you to place the catch where needed to make this trigger work reliably.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts