mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Swift line cocker? (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/63826-swift-line-cocker.html)

freebird 01-19-2009 10:26 PM

Swift line cocker?

Well had a little cleanup day at the Hornets nest on saturday and i stumbled across a box of cocker pieces and beside the oldschool palmers front pneumatics, and wierd bolt, it was mostly stock 99 stuff. Except a body, that looked stock till i looked closely on the side and by the serial numbers there was a stamp in the aluminum. "Swift line" I just wanted to know if anyone knew any history on this "swift line" marker. Serial number 1538.

Thanks

fwag69 01-19-2009 10:29 PM

pics?

BigOldSkool 01-19-2009 10:32 PM

That may be my old cocker from way back... That serial number is ringing in my head.

Any way..

Swift Line cockers, were nothing more then what would be called a "tuned" cocker... The guys name escapes me (Wolf13 you reading?) But it was some dude from up in Canada that would rework your trigger, timing and polish some bits as well as add a center detent... should be infront of the feed neck just before the breach opens up... its a little 10-32 screw.

Any way..... that guy from "Swift Line" Was the go to guy for cockers when they first came out, my cousin whom I got my first cocker from was a die hard supporter of him. His cocker and sniper both made trips to them atleast twiece.

HP_Lovecraft 01-19-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 665410)
Any way..... that guy from "Swift Line" Was the go to guy for cockers when they first came out, my cousin whom I got my first cocker from was a die hard supporter of him. His cocker and sniper both made trips to them atleast twiece.

Skip Swift-

In the early 90s, HE WAS THE GUY that everyone sent cockers to. This was back before there was a timing hole, or threaded timing rods, making it very difficult to tune the cocker. Plus that horrid lpr.

We had guys on our team that would send all there cockers to him in the spring for a "fresh tune".

freebird 01-19-2009 10:43 PM

thers also a hole drilled into the side of the body into the lower tube, with some special hammer looks to be brass believe it or not, and it has another threaded hole in it not the timing hole but another one with a set screw in it. Im not sure ill try and get some pics on friday. It looks to have a full front palmers kit. With a big arse LPR with an old palmers sticker on it, The trigger frame is aluminum, single finger, slider and SUPER smooth pull. NO side to side play at all. The trigger frame is very rough though. The paint is flaking bad, ill deffinatly have to refurbish that. Also the frame dosent accept 45 panels. instead its center hole'd for an automag style grip panel., Old heavy SS barrel too.. None the less the field owner gave it to me. fo freee

BigOldSkool 01-19-2009 10:52 PM

Ah forgot about that.. the hole in the side of the body is a sear lug lock down access port..

I liked that do much I did it to my own guns later on..

freebird 01-19-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOldSkool (Post 665453)
Ah forgot about that.. the hole in the side of the body is a sear lug lock down access port..

I liked that do much I did it to my own guns later on..

Im guessin thats so once the sear lug is adjusted you can tighten that up and it wont move ever? ha

BigOldSkool 01-19-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebird (Post 665454)
Im guessin thats so once the sear lug is adjusted you can tighten that up and it wont move ever? ha

Bingo.

It was awsome to have back in the day when cockers were damn near hard to time.

L.I Caretaker 01-21-2009 05:35 PM

Also Skip used to put an Arrow with the name SWIFT on the side when he did work on a gun..

I have 1 laying around i p/u at Boston early 90's from Bad Company..traded him an ICON.

freebird 01-21-2009 06:07 PM

Yea this body has that stamp with the arrow. Ill prolly end up just restoring it and putting a pump kit on it because the front block looks like its missin a few parts off of it.