mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 11-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Cybergun SW M500 - A .62 copy of a S&W .50 Magnum!?

The Cybergun SW M500 - A .62 calibre copy of a Smith & Wesson .50 calibre X-Frame Magnum!?

So pretty much all weekend I've been cruising the 'net drooling over gas-powered, pellet-shooting revolvers. Somehow I ended up on Amazon of all places. Long story short, I tripped on this. I thought the page looked a bit odd, as some of the info didn't fit together in my head. For instance, It's listed as a "CO2 Gas Powered Airsoft Gun"; yet, the only thing it says about calibre is that is that it "works with .68 caliber paintballs". Also, I've never personally seen a paintball gun come with an orange tip. Even the mil-sim pistols. And the title says "co2 gas powered" but then the description goes on talking about propane. One more thing - i've seen nothing about S&W making paintball markers, but the Cybergun looks EXACTLY like the S&W, minus the orange tip and "S&W 500" logo. It even has "Smith & Wesson" stamped on the side!

So I did a bit of searching via Google and came up with this. It's the same people selling it on amazon. Same info also. All the other sites I looked at from Google ended up just linking to the Action Village site.

So I'm asking the folks at MCB, has anyone ever had ANY experience with this gun? I mean, even SEEN one? Or better yet HELD one? Like, this is that dream gun that you never find because it doesnt exist gun (to me). It's pretty much an EXACT replica of the Smith & Wesson .500 Magnum revolver. I just really want to know three things: What exactly does it shoot; how is it powered; and whats it made out of? (I would think for $200 that it is, in fact SS). And one more thing: What the hell is "mandrel wrapped composite barrel"?

As soon as I get the money I think i'm going to buy one. I mean, I think the only way that you could be any more Dirty Harry with this gun is if your name is Clint Eastwood.

My guess? It's a stainless steel replica of the Smith & Wesson .500 X-Framed Magnum Revolver that's powered by propane and shoots paintballs. But why have I NEVER HEARD OF IT? My guess on that - It would only hold 5 rounds. And who the f*ck in their right mind is going to spend $200 on a 5-round semi-auto? This being the age of full-auto and 15 paintballs a second and all... ...sigh

The Cybergun (top) and the S&W (bottom):

As always;
III

I wonder if it has the internal key lock also?
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Very interesting indeed. However I have to wonder how legit this is. I see no air lines or gas sources anywhere. Unless each cylinder is individually charged with gas. And for it to be a .68 cal barrel it would look to be much larger than the one pictured.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Googled Cybergun. They list it as having an "11 shot magazine"! I think the bit about 68 calber is a mistake.
Sorry

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
I've porked many

Action village is selling it. http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...EAAAELr7WSKl27
Their website says the same thing that it shoots 68 caliber paintballs,but it could be a typo.
Pyramydair has one but list it as shooting a regular softair 6mm bb.http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/zo...l?model_id=815 http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=815

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Last edited by pillage; 11-26-2006 at 01:30 AM.
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Post Whore

Chem-x:
I don't know about that. I've been thinking about this thing for a few hours now and I'll give you my answers to that: Generally gas guns are "charged" via a port just like a butane lighter. You charge up the gun for a limited amount of shots varying from 10 to 50 shots on airsoft pistols. Be it either green gas, red gas, propane, etc. So if this is what I hope it is, It has a port somewhere and and a small chamber. Secondly; the original S&W is a 50 calibre, whitch is HUGE. I would think that the thickness of the wall would be thicker on the real gun, so much so that if there was a version that fired paintballs, they could easilly get away with having a wall that was .06" thinner all around.

Crash:
Thats what the "nagging, negative, yeah-thats-probably-what-it-is" part of me is thinking. Although I saw the same thing, but listed as a "Tanaka M500". Mabe it's a diffrent gun? I know, probably not - with my luck.

Pillage:
Thats the same thing I linked in the original post. Guess you missed it? Thats what you get for surfing MCB at 1 in the morning! all in good fun

III

P.S. - For size comparison, heres a picture of the original gun from a review: (YES that is the RECOIL )

Keep in mind, This is a really big dude too...
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....

Last edited by SuperHiQuality87; 11-26-2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
I've porked many

[pillage:
Thats the same thing I linked in the original post. Guess you missed it? Thats what you get for surfing MCB at 1 in the morning!

III

I'm not the only one surfing at 1am. I'll be surfing until three when I get to go home from work. I found a couple of other references to large bore airsoft revolvers, one listed with six shots that were loaded into fifty caliber shells that were in turn loaded into the cylinder. I personally looked at plenty of airsoft guns while in Japan and I haven't seen one that shoots anything but the 6mm pellets, not to say there isn't one out there. I even went so far to buy a Desert Eagle 44 airsoft on my last trip. I played around with it a few times in my backyard then put it back in the box. It's a neat toy,but still a toy. It too is 6mm. I would be willing to bet it is a typo, but you can always call or email Actionvillage and ask. It would be neat if it is trually shoots paintballs.

Old 11-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Not to go off topic too much or anything but...

Quote:
one listed with six shots that were loaded into fifty caliber shells that were in turn loaded into the cylinder
You wouldn't happen to have the link for that, would you?

And how do you like that Eagle 44? For what it is, I mean..

III
Old 11-26-2006, 02:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
I've porked many

Here is a picture of the real thing. If the Cyber gun is the same size as the original, I think it might be a slim chance, to get five sixty eight caliber balls in it but if I was a betting man, I would say Action Village screwed up their add. Not that a little wishfull thinking would be be a bad thing about another possible paintball revolver.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:14 AM   #9 (permalink)
I've porked many

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHiQuality87 View Post
Not to go off topic too much or anything but...

You wouldn't happen to have the link for that, would you?

And how do you like that Eagle 44? For what it is, I mean..

III
I just looked at when we began this discussion and now I have to backtrack through a bunch of links to see if I can find it. As far as the Desert Eagle 44 airsoft, it's made by Mauri and semiautomatic. The slide cycles back after you shoot. It looks real at first glance, but I found the airsoft to be a little disapointing. I have shot at the rabbits in my yard with it. It barely annoys them. Now when I break out a paintballgun they scatter, them and those evil squirrels. My five year old loves it. She would keep shooting the airsoft as long as I reload it for her. If you want I'll take some pictures of it and pm them to you.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
I've porked many

Found that link http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftRevo...ngSDUA941.html

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts