mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   VM68 question (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/7822-vm68-question.html)

paintballpaulie 12-13-2006 10:36 PM

VM68 question
 
just tuning up my VM68. it was firing fine, but after replacing all the internal o-rings it wont re-cock after firing the first shot. after the first shot (approx. 280 fps) it rapid fires, like a 98C does when its running out of air.

any suggestions?

Bored383 12-13-2006 10:45 PM

check the hammer o-ring . . . and check the velocity adjuster on the bolt - it it is between clicks it can cause problems

MadCat 12-14-2006 12:01 AM

lack of proper lubrication can cause the full auto trick also. Lube is your friend :)

joelrf600r 12-14-2006 01:16 AM

did you replace the hammer oring with a standard round rubber o-ring? the hammer o-ring groove is deeper than normal on many of the early VM's (possible later ones also: not sure) and takes a special rectangular oring that is taller than normal. if you don't have that, the hammer will not seal properly and you'll get the full auto shootdown you describe.

--Joel

paintballpaulie 12-14-2006 02:10 AM

oh boy!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by joelrf600r (Post 68700)
did you replace the hammer oring with a standard round rubber o-ring? the hammer o-ring groove is deeper than normal on many of the early VM's (possible later ones also: not sure) and takes a special rectangular oring that is taller than normal. if you don't have that, the hammer will not seal properly and you'll get the full auto shootdown you describe.

--Joel

well, that would explain why i could NOT find a replacement o-ring!!!

i tried 2 auto parts places and the local paintball shop where i volunteer my services.

WHERE do i get a few replacements???????

i lubed the snot outta the old one with DOW33 and oil, and i managed to crack off a few shots before the full-auto effect took over.

i will be madly out-sourcing these o-rings. i wanna keep shooting this beast. i just picked up a stock for it and was gonna mod it to fit, but i aint gonna bother unless i can find some hammer o-rings.


HELP!!!

hmudd13 12-14-2006 04:40 AM

You could try running liquid Co2:eek:

One of mine loves it:D

Tugboater203 12-14-2006 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintballpaulie (Post 68736)
well, that would explain why i could NOT find a replacement o-ring!!!

i tried 2 auto parts places and the local paintball shop where i volunteer my services.

WHERE do i get a few replacements???????

i lubed the snot outta the old one with DOW33 and oil, and i managed to crack off a few shots before the full-auto effect took over.

i will be madly out-sourcing these o-rings. i wanna keep shooting this beast. i just picked up a stock for it and was gonna mod it to fit, but i aint gonna bother unless i can find some hammer o-rings.


HELP!!!

www.vm68.com or call Palmers ( I got mine there for a couple of $$ each) When you replace the cup seal I use Black magic cup seals which are as good/better them stock and cheaper too. Of my 3 vms 2 have the BM cup seals and one is stock, guess which one is the only one that leaks right now?;)

Good Luck
Tug

-as stated really lube the snot out of the upper and lower areas I had the exact same prob because it wasn't lubed enough.

Tom222 12-14-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmudd13 (Post 68765)
You could try running liquid Co2:eek:

One of mine loves it:D

^ I second that.

HP_Lovecraft 12-14-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom222 (Post 68881)
^ I second that.

I ran all mine that way, but effeciency was really, really poor.

Technically, it doesnt really fix the problems, but hide them.

As mentioned above, its probobly just a bad/missized oring, but the trigger could also be wonky.
vmempire has a great breakdown for the trigger. This is a small spring that usually gets missed whenever it is reassembled, causing the f/a problems.

Other things to check: bad detent. Sometimes the bolt will "pinch" it, and add friction.
Wrong size valve screws that push against the valve stem.
Worn main spring (try adding spacers behind the main spring).. I think dimes fit?

nick

MadCat 12-14-2006 05:35 PM

$19.95 gets you ALL of the seals from American Paintball

http://www.rcpaintball.biz/e-commerc...-catalog4.html


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC