mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   Ask The Experts (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/)
-   -   Semi-stupid cocker question. (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/ask-experts/8007-semi-stupid-cocker-question.html)

pillage 12-17-2006 09:46 PM

Semi-stupid cocker question.

I have a semi stupid question concerning right feed cocker bodies. Is it possible to drill them for an eye to use an E-grip, or does the right feed interfere with the eye placement? I have access to an e-2 grip for cheap and I like right feed cockers over center feeds.

Railgun 12-17-2006 11:27 PM

The only thing you need is for the eyes to look through the ball. With a right feed this may mean that you need to drill and tap the holes on an angle but it should work. But you would need to analyse it more for fit. The problem is that the one eye needs to go right where the feed neck is So you'd have to drill and mount that one lower with an upward looking angle. On the other side you need to drill high with a downward angle so it lines up with the other hole.

All in all not a job for the faint of heart....

Duzzy 12-17-2006 11:38 PM

Don't E-blades use reflective not BB eyes?

Spyder3188 12-17-2006 11:56 PM

The E2 has the option of using either break beam or reflective eyes. Im sure it is possible to get the eye on their, just need to be creative.

Rainman229 12-18-2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder3188 (Post 70377)
The E2 has the option of using either break beam or reflective eyes. Im sure it is possible to get the eye on their, just need to be creative.

E2 has the option but no one uses it. Due to eclipse not realsing the info or the kit. I've done it and not easy figuring out the wire loctaion.

well actauly they do make the kit finaly for break beam. Just finding it is a problem.

you can do a reflective eye easier. just mounted as high as possible ( basicly would be mounted on your sight rail.)so the eye is in line with the feeds angle. the eye would almost be pointing down.

Chemical-X 12-21-2006 03:06 PM

I would opt to cut the eye leads and resolder them with a few inches of extra wire then mount the eye to the left side of the body. You will have to mod the frame a little bit, but it will work.

pillage 12-24-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemical-X (Post 71960)
I would opt to cut the eye leads and resolder them with a few inches of extra wire then mount the eye to the left side of the body. You will have to mod the frame a little bit, but it will work.

I had thought about going this route, but I`m not sure if the detent will be in the way.

B 12-24-2006 04:22 PM

You dont need the eye if you are not going to shoot more then 13bps. Set the grip to factory fast and shoot away. BTW the eyes overide any settings you have for speed once you turn them on.