mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-19-2006, 01:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Man, I got some crappy Macro from PBNation. I thought I was getting a good deal, and the seller promised that it wouldn't burst on me. Three bursts in three consecutive days of play. The fourth day I was using SS braided.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

I use macroline most of the time, because it's cheap and easy to set up.

I've used braided (love it, but expensive) and grease gun hose (rated at, like, 3k) before. Would run those all the time if it was as simple.
Deus Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
p8ntd dawrld & thensum

I honestly don't know what ya'll are talking about when it comes to dissing Macroline. In all the years of playing paintball, I have never had a Macroline burst on me. I used to run an input of 900psi to my RT Original, switched over to Macro once it became avail. Currently on my SFL Emag, i still have Macro.

The trick is, to never buy that crappy stuff any true PB store sells. The real stuff is Parker Macroline. You can tie the line in a knot it's so flexible. The inner walls of the line is also better.

-baller

Last edited by PsychoBaller; 12-19-2006 at 09:33 PM.
PsychoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Well, that's the thing. Most PB stores aren't selling the good stuff, and their mediocre line makes one helluva bang.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

For those of you using Microline, at what point (in terms of BPS) do you feel it's smaller diameter becomes too restrictive?
Surestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBaller View Post
The trick is, to never buy that crappy stuff any true PB store sells. The real stuff is Parker Macroline. You can tie the line in a knot it's so flexible. The inner walls of the line is also better.
Do you have any leads on where to buy this? I bought a big coil of macro from ASP and it works but isn't very flexible.

I prefer the steel braided line once it is set up and working nice, but it seems like a PITA to mount how I want it. I have been using a lot of macroline for the ease of mounting, but it does sometimes leak at the fittings. I've never experienced a blowout yet on unregulated CO2, so I'll probably keep using it.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Hardline, or braided......both are just so much classier than a plastic hose!

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOldSkool View Post
And there is some macroline out there that is rated higher.. at 1500 burst pressure.
Yes, 1500 burst pressure means the MAX WORKING pressure is 500psi. That is less then the output of CO2 and HP-HPA tanks.

CO2 tanks have a "Burst" rating of 5500psi. SO, its safe to use them as 4500psi HPA tanks? CLEARLY NOT.

Burst ratings are rated 3x higher then Working MAX ratings. The reason is that there is a HUGE amount of variables that can weaken a tank, and thus lower the pressure that will make the item blow up.

Honestly, I think macroline should be banned in paintball. I've seen many blow. But again, thats my opinion. TO be honest, I've only seen a few injuries. Blowing your macro is usually just inconvenient.

Or I could be wrong.

Good point about the grease-gun hose. That used to be common in the 80s. I even once built a remote using 4 pieces of grease-gun hose. Its actually rated super high.

nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
CHEERS!

SS hose... no macroline crap.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Good point about the grease-gun hose. That used to be common in the 80s. I even once built a remote using 4 pieces of grease-gun hose. Its actually rated super high.
I could be wrong but isn't there a difference between the rated pressure for liquids & gasses? I remember someone mentioning this in a discussion about using automotine steel brakeline with macroline fittings to make hardlines.
It was something to do with the fact that liquids aren't compressible (more or less) so the consequences of failure with liquid is less than failure if gas is used due to it's compressed nature & therefore greater release of energy.
Surestick is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts