mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 12-20-2006, 02:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Im kind of tired of hearing folks say that macroline has such low working pressures.

Here is some from our friends at airsoldier, for rediculously low prices http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b..._Code=FITTINGS

1000 PSI working pressure, 3000 psi burst, and theyve got microline rated a bit higher.

This is nylotube from i dont remember what company.

Most of the problems with macroline are from leaky fittings. Even though they are pretty easy to disconnect, they arent really made to be removed all the time. If you want to run a macroline that you take apart alot, use quick disconnects.

I mostly run macroline because there isnt a place for me to get the correct size stainless line every time I need to hose something up. If I could order 1 of every size and a pile of QD fittings for dirt cheap id run it, but im not going to be making guesses to order the right length from a pb website.

Id rather run stainless braided line, but its simply too expensive, and too inconvenient. I can buy a macro pack for 35 or 45 dollars with a mountain of fittings and 10 feet of hose and it will last me about forever.

Id go with the norgren fittings, btw.

Stainless line varies in quality too, you can pick up some braided line for your bathroom sink and its not going to hold pressure like it should..its the same thing as running weak macroline, the macroline is rated you just need to know what its rated to.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Im kind of tired of hearing folks say that macroline has such low working pressures.

Here is some from our friends at airsoldier, for rediculously low prices [
1000 PSI working pressure, 3000 psi burst, and theyve got microline rated a bit higher.
Nobody said that safe macroline does not exist. Also notice on the same page Airsoldier sells the MORE COMMON 450psi line.
The 450psi line is the stuff that most proshops sell, and most players use.

Also notice that Airsoldier sells macroline fittings RATED TO ONLY 260-PSI!!

I've never even seen an macroline fitting higher then 300psi. Not sure they exist. The fittings are the dangerous part since they have the potential to produce shrapnel.

And yes, I agree that macroline can be more convenient. Though have assorted lengths of SS with Q/Ds can be just as easy.

nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM   #33 (permalink)

I used both macro and micro lines and I never really cared for them. I now use ss braided hose and hard lines, much easier and safer.
gunrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 09:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Where do you get the specs on the fittings HP?

I run unregulated co2 on macroline all day long.

Im not saying its the best, or even that good, but it isn't so bad.
Old 12-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a new macroline on my e-sniper (I had the SS removed) and I use braided SS on my VMs and Automags. I really don't have a preference since both work reliability well.

I have never had a hose split on any of my guns using co2 or HPA.

But for making it easier to install new lines, I would now choose to use macrolines.
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Rec Poster

stainless for co2 and usually macro with hpa. Curious about the hardline with the swagelok fittings. Any picture examples? If its clean and pretty might go that route.
Assnolax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:04 AM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Where do you get the specs on the fittings HP?
I went to Norgen.com (or norgen.org?). Sometime like that.

I looked at all the 1/4"x1/8NPT Push-Pull fittings.
The strongest I saw were rated for 260psi.

I could be wrong, as I often am. While strong macroline certaintly exists, I've never seen strong fittings.

And to be honest, I am a bit hypocritical. When testing, and doing mods, I do sometimes throw on a macroline when I don't have the correct braided, or hardline to work.

Actually, one of my MegaZs has a macroline because I lost the hardline, and can't find a short enough braided. The macroline is clear, and I must admit it is a little creepy to see the liquid co2 travelling up the hose.

Nick
HP_Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
Resident Marker Monger

Send a message via Yahoo to hmudd13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Lovecraft View Post
I went to Norgen.com (or norgen.org?). Sometime like that.

I looked at all the 1/4"x1/8NPT Push-Pull fittings.

Actually, one of my MegaZs has a macroline because I lost the hardline, and can't find a short enough braided. The macroline is clear, and I must admit it is a little creepy to see the liquid co2 travelling up the hose.

Nick
I've had the clear macro blow a loud bubble while using liquid Co2, also blew a fitting into 2 pieces, with the hose attached end whipping around and whacking my thumb.
Food for thought.

WTB..... SMG clip catcher, SMG internal air line.
WTB .... Oct/88 APG.Got it, Thanks Dan

NO'MAAM #29
My Markers
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback
Ebay Feedback 100%

Quoting WOLLFFY on AO;
I don't recall mentioning trades, especially not for smart Farts. Thanks though.
hmudd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I love macro, its more versatile, you don't have big ol' quick disconnects and stuff. And its my oppinion, but it just looks better.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

Hey, good stats. I wonder what the camozzi fittings are rated at. Im surprised they are so weak, there must be some good fittings, no reason for 1000 PSI hose when your fittings are 260 psi...

Anyways, I just wanted you to agree that macroline is usefull sometimes...Id take stainless line over macro anyday, sometimes its just not an option. Im always really happy when I find a gun setup that fits a piece of stainless ive got laying around.

I think Il have to pick up some clear macro now, so i can see liquid co2. It would be really handy in a Z so you can make sure your running heavy duty liquid action like you want..id think.

Then again, clear macro is usually weaker, and id imagine that that stuff is nearing burst pressure.

Id love to see an exploded fitting - Hmudd, did you take a photo? Or was it a swivel fitting and the swivel part detached from the base. I want to examine the jagged pieces.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts