mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 07-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

What gun to upgrade to from Mini?

I've got an Invert Mini with a Powerlyte Scepter barrel kit but other than that it is all stock. I've got it tuned according to the MaxOC guide on pbnation.... although I love the gun I think that I could probably upgrade to a better gun that is around the same price range...

I'm contemplating getting rid of the mini and buying either a new or used gun in the $325-425 range as an upgrade. I am looking for something that is more consistent and quieter than the Mini.

What recommendations do you guys have? I'm in no hurry since I just started playing pump....modifying the Mini is also an option if there are no new or used guns that are in the above mentioned price range that are significant upgrades.
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Me personally, I would stick with what you have.If it's not broke don't fix it.If you want quiet.As people to try there barrel kit to see if it makes it more quiet. Me I like LOUD! I have a Air America Intimadator on my guns. I scares the **** out of people.I had it and a freak and Doc's Nickel falsh point on a Ape boarded A-5. It scared the stuff out of people it was so loud.20+bps for 10-15 seconds straight.I had a team mate named Woody tell me to take that ****ing thing off It gave him a headache.lol
Old 07-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Get an Ego. I know I sound like a fanboy here, but they really are amazing guns, and you could probably pick up an 05-07 for that much, maybe a little more. I got my SL66 for $370, for reference.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

There's only one option once you've had a Mini.

Air Power Vector... a MAN's gun....... A gun with a report loud enough that lesser players will pee themselves in fright at the massive concussion wave emmited by the stout thick walled barrel of DOOM. A paintball gun fit for Arnold in the original Terminator movie. A gun that'll pump up those pect's of yours to where women will swoon at the raw muscles you'll soon have.

Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.

miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

The performance difference between an 06 ego and your mini will probably be minable. If you are bored with you maker though and want something new just go the BST thread and see what you drool over/ want.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

Some of the DP guns in that price range are pretty good, but really, I think you're going to be hard pressed to get anything thats really noticeably better than the Mini in the same price range. If you want to quiet it down a bit try a dual-vented palmer's brass barrel, or a carbon fiber one like a Deadlywind Fibur or Stiffi. Either will make a pretty significant difference in report. An Etek or used Ego might be a slight upgrade, but they are going to be even louder than what you have now, and I have friends that use Egos exclusively and say they're not very consistent over the chrono either, although they are very reliable and easy to maintain, whereas I've heard mixed reports about the Mini. But yeah dude I second the notion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Thats how you wind up with a collection of guns big enough that most of them rarely get used....
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into those barrels mentioned for the quiet factor and I'll look into the aftermarket bolt/spring combinations that some people have reported to giving better chrono consistency.
PolePosition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSPB-Rogue View Post
and I have friends that use Egos exclusively and say they're not very consistent over the chrono either, although they are very reliable and easy to maintain, whereas I've heard mixed reports about the Mini.
Maybe when the reg isn't broken in, but any gun is like that. My Ego hasn't had all that many shots through it and it's +/- 3 over the chrono right now. Seems pretty consistent to me.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Get it pimped! You'll love it even more
Hammy of Socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Air Power Vector, for the man that has climbed to the peak and wants to look down on the beaten and defeated opponents left in his wake.
Yoink!
John Satclaire is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts