mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-03-2007, 09:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

NO WAY would I dare call this the "ultimate" Nelspot, or anything close to it. But I tried to incorporate some of the issues I had with the original gun, w/o drastically changing it from the basic rock-n-cock format.

Some of the deficiencies I tried to address:
1. Some decent sights. - Mr. Carter made the top rail for me.
2. Double sided pump. - Cut the slot on the opposite side and added the Cal-Odenance pump.
3. Quicker C02 changing - Cut down the grips and also the sidewall of the cupseal/puncture pin area. Also I added the speed knob to the C02 release and filed the seat down.
4. Trigger/shooting feel - Added a trigger shoe, and replaced the internals w/ LAPCO guts and Thunder Pig springs.
5. Faster loading/capacity - Added a short pvc tube to speed loading and adding a couple balls to the capacity of the tube.

I just wish it had the check valve LOL! I also had a muzzle break on it, but took it off for some reason I can't recall right now.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #32 (permalink)
Nice Guy

Don't forget that for true stock class markers there are limitations to what you can do with the feed tube and quick changer. For example, the feed tube must be parallel to the barrel and close enough that there is no stacking of paintballs over the breech.

The 12g changer must be turned (IIRC) 1.5 revolutions for the 12g to be removed, and you can't use dropouts.

Checkvalves are not allowed true stock class play.

Of course, a lot of people don't follow those rules and consider stock class as 12g and stick feeds.

Overall though, a lot of good ideas. I'd be happy with being able to use Cocker or Spyder barrels.
JCHoefer is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts