mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Lets talk modern Nelson improvements....

If we were to redesign a nelson based pump from the ground up what changes would we make?

For me i think a larger power tube to allow for low pressure flow and hpa usage would be high on the list. Followed by a 45 grip frame with a double trigger. Centerfeed with angel threads, and cocker threads.

What would you add?

Legion
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
http://www.youtube.com/user/Legion99999?feature=mhee
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to respiegel Send a message via Yahoo to respiegel

why would you want a double trigger on a pump?
respiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

me

I love to swing trigger my snipers and like the option to use either finger not to mention that i play in the cold quite often and allowing the use of gloves.
Just seems more functional to me.
Visit my new group page at http://www.facebook.com/JonesGunWorks#!/JonesGunWorks
Old 01-01-2007, 11:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'd love to see a Nelson design with a locking powertube, or something to block the hammer so that the rear stroke of the pump action can't open the valve at low pressures. That's the main reason that LP operation on Nelsons is nearly impossible. I'm not so much concerned with efficiency as with silence. I love my guns !!!QUIET!!!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
random probability waves

Brass N Wood Fan
I've never had a problem just sticking an HPA tank on any old nelson based paintgun . . . they love high pressure
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
here's your chance to be cool like Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy
don is on the path to everlasting coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes
OMG boobs, beers and Chad Thompson. Nothing could be better.
Bored383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

true

Quote:
I've never had a problem just sticking an HPA tank on any old nelson based paintgun . . . they love high pressure
True true...but if we were to reengineer a modern design low pressure would seem to be the way to go for me. Brittle paint, better accuracy ( i know im starting a debate)
Old 01-01-2007, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

I would just make a wrap around delrin pump. I would ask walker really nice and see if he would lone his cocker frame and rail off his weird pump that he has. That would give people the option of swing trigger or slider. As for power tubes.just make them a #0-#6mm for flow control. You could even use a BOSS style power tube design. No cup seal and gives you the option if you want to use a valve spring or not. For the feed I would design it so that it has a left/right feed option along with a Center feed. SC option is nice too. All this should just bolt on like some spyder feeds. There are alot of aftermarket option out there that can be incorperated into your gun design. It would also cut cost on making items and design times. I personally speak for myself. The more options I get right out of the box,the faster a company gets my money. That is the main reason I don't buy new guns. Not enough options come with them.Just my two cents.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

One advantage of going to a regulated lower pressure on a 12-gram Nelson would be that velocities would be much more consistent. Even if the liquid were consumed in the cartridge, the marker would function at much the same FPS for a few more shots.

I agree that versatility is one of the greatest advantages of the Nelson platform. Extending this versatility with things like different powertube sizes would be great.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

I would like to see a nelson built like an automag. Rail, body tube, grip frame, ect. That way it could take basically autococker style frames and bodies could swap out in seconds. Autococker threads would be nice to see too. Also, I'm an undercocking fan so I'd like a pump-mag style undercocking pump.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 02:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The WGP Ranger actually uses a system very much like that. I believe (but I'm not 100% sure) that with some of the internals switched, any WGP frame can fit with a bit of milling to either the rail or the sides of the frame.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts