mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sniper velocity question

Well I was playing paintball yesterday when I noticed that my gun looked like it was shooting at a higher velocity and then a lower velocity. I had already chronoed it (275 is the field limit) in the morningand it was fine. I whent back and rechronoed to find that it was shooting 325 and then the next shot droped to 127. Its a 2005 psychoballistics lightning with a ccm pump kit and a CP reg. Whats going on and how do I fix it?

Kick A$$ Customs
We go what you need

"Well, I lost this finger playing paintball, and this one in an elephant stampeed, this one juggling rusty chainsaws,......

TriggerHappy's Feed Back
triggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Either your regulator output is fluctuating all over the place or your hammer is snagging on somthing so it's not hitting the pin the same way all the time or the valve pin is snagging so it's not opening the same all the time. These snags can be dry spots where metal to metal has more friction than metal to oil to metal. You may just need a few drops of oil into the ASA and then shoot it a few times for it to smarten up. Most places say that this is how you oil your reg and valve without taking them apart. About 2 or 3 drops of oil into the ASA hole and then hook up the tank and dry fire it through with about 5 or 6 shots. "THEY" also said to take off the barrel to avoid oil spots that will tend to grab the paintballs and to clean off the bore at the front of the bolt and the bolt's face for the same reason before putting the barrel on.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think It might be the hammer because some times i would pump it and it would not catch so it would fire on the return stroke or not cock.

Kick A$$ Customs
We go what you need

"Well, I lost this finger playing paintball, and this one in an elephant stampeed, this one juggling rusty chainsaws,......

TriggerHappy's Feed Back
triggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts