mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
I met my current team due to a burst disc rupture. It was a warm day out and I had left my 14oz in a metal ammo can. I heard it on the field and when I came back out, the can was mangled and they were poking it with a stick.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

i had some bottles freshly filled and they were in my house. i left home to do some things and my mom and dog went in my house to clean some things. one of the disks blew and it scared the hell out of my mom and the dog busted out the front door like a bat out of hell. lol... my mom called my cell phone and asked what the hell blew up and all i could do is laugh because i knew what had happened.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

If anyone has played Skirmish before this year you likely remember the bus ride from the main center, my burst disk blew on that ride. I was the last one on so I was only 2 benches behind the driver! I had just filled my 20oz at the main center and had strapped it in my 6+1 and ran to the bus. We got about half way to the fields and it blows, a nice co2 cloud covered the front of the bus. The bus driver freaked out and swerved a bit and started cursing like crazy. It was pretty damn funny, at least I thought so.
Finished before you can commit a crime
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
I had all my CO2 tanks in one of those aluminum suitcases, bringing them home from a fresh fill when the burst disk on my 20 oz went off. Sounded just like blowing a tire. I had about an hour drive left before I got home, and I just let it be.

Remember, this is in a sealed aluminum case packed in foam...

When I got home and opened up the case, it was nearly full of dry ice. The foam acted as a nice insulator, and the case held enough pressure that the CO2 had solidified. It was pretty damn awesome. I played with dry ice for 20 minutes instead of unpacking the car.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
hello , my name is fattie

Send a message via AIM to Fattie

i have only had one blow. fresh filled tank left directly in the sun is not a good combination.
Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Old, Slow and Angry

Send a message via Skype™ to MadCat

Fan of EMR
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertsr View Post
It was pretty damn awesome. I played with dry ice for 20 minutes instead of unpacking the car.

so far I've been pretty lucky with burst disks. Last fall I had a couple of friends over. Most of them have flirted with the idea of playing paintball, but none of them had. We were in the back yard shooting my blazer at some stationary targets.

I had a HPA Tank a few 20oz CO2's and one 3.5 oz tank with us. After explaining the difference, I jokingly said that the 3.5 oz tank was really old and I had to check it for leaks before using. I shook the tank and held it up to my ear....that's when I yelled "it's gonna blow!"
and tossed it like a grenade into my lawn. Good times...good times
MadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
www.yankeepaintball.com

Send a message via Yahoo to Tugboater203

I remember back in the day, when one guy with a fresh fill decided to warm up his tank by putting it on the dash of his truck, in the sun, with the defroster on...

Authorized Dealer for CCM,CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE, APP and GI Sportz

Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email or call 203-906-9621.
Tugboater203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Supernatural Anaesthetist

Send a message via AIM to Wycke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
If anyone has played Skirmish before this year you likely remember the bus ride from the main center, my burst disk blew on that ride. I was the last one on so I was only 2 benches behind the driver! I had just filled my 20oz at the main center and had strapped it in my 6+1 and ran to the bus. We got about half way to the fields and it blows, a nice co2 cloud covered the front of the bus. The bus driver freaked out and swerved a bit and started cursing like crazy. It was pretty damn funny, at least I thought so.
That's funny...I can't imagine any of the bus drivers I knew during my short time there being phased at all by something like that. I remember more than a few similar incidents (burst disk, micro- or macro-line blowing out) during bus rides to or from the fields and in most cases the driver didn't even flinch, but they usually said "point it out the window" to avoid filling the bus with a CO2 cloud.

I've had quite a few pop myself from over-filling or just carelessness (leaving a freshly-filled tank in my trunk on a hot day, etc). The funniest incident I remember, though was when a (probably overfilled) 20 oz tank down in my basement blew. One of my cats (Rocket, a very stealthy, wiry, and usually unflappable tabby) was sleeping on a pile of my paintball duds nearby. I heard the distant and distinct "POP" and "WHOOOOOSH" from the living room and less than a second later Rocket flew by me and dove under the couch (his "happy place"). All I saw was a blackish brown blur go past me and then his green eyes, big as saucers, peeking out from under the sofa. Since then, he bolts whenever he sees hears CO2 venting (like when I'm de-gassing a gun).

s'ok...I'm takin' it back...

My Feedback Thread
Wycke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

wow, I guess I have been fortunate that I have had only two tanks with blown discs... And that was only because the people filling the tanks didn't believe me when I told them they were 7oz tanks and NOT 9oz tanks...l
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I had two freshly filled 12oz. tanks blow while sitting in traffic going to EMR for PP2. I had them in the hatch and it wasn't that warm out - or so I thought. The first one scared the S*** of of me - sounded like the airbrakes of a truck except right on top of me.

When the second one went I said s*** there goes another, enjoyed the new cool temperature and lovely co2 smell and wondered how many more tanks were going to go.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts