mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is this an Annihilator?

I won this marker off of ebay last week. I am still waiting for here to arrive. I believe it is a McMurray and Sons Annihilator. Take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110077149708

here is a pic from vintagerex.

http://www.vintagerex.com/cgi-bin/in...y%20and%20Sons
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Take much better pics it when it gets in... it's been plated (Tim didn't plate his guns) and butchered with the sideline (Annihilators were side tapped with a 90 bend) ...and I don't ever remeber seeing a left feed.... also it does not have the standard one piece annih. bolt.... or the Mac delrin pump.

My bet is it's a custom job... but it's real hard to tell if it's an annihilator.

The tell tale at this point might be the quick strip slot.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

it looks like it could be one that has had a trip to PPS too.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Take much better pics it when it gets in... it's been plated (Tim didn't plate his guns) and butchered with the sideline (Annihilators were side tapped with a 90 bend) ...and I don't ever remeber seeing a left feed.... also it does not have the standard one piece annih. bolt.... or the Mac delrin pump.

My bet is it's a custom job... but it's real hard to tell if it's an annihilator.

The tell tale at this point might be the quick strip slot.

E
Oh really Schmitti.......Then how do you explain the Annihilator I had that belongs to PW now?
It's not only plated,but,it doesn't have a quickstrip slot nor was it side tapped for air. Markings say "Custom Airguns By McMurray & Sons" on one side and "Made by Stan Russell "on the other.I talked to Tim about this and he gave me a full run down on it.

This is a direct quote from Tim McMurray via the Email he sent me about this..
"The marking pretty much say it all. Stan Russell and Earon Carter were my machinists and built my design till I busted Earon back dooring my design as the Maurauder and I fired them. The feed angle of these early Annihilators was about 40 degrees and they had metal feed tubes with holes in the feeders to see the balls.
Annihilators were the first long barreled pistols and used a center fire bolt like the rifle. This would date around 1985 or so. The PGP it is based on is a pretty low serial number 754. Later we used EB pellet guns as the platform because they were cheaper than the painguns."

LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Really Chaos..

Well let's see, the Annihilator was a rebarreled gun. Okay you have that there (note that there are no ball bearing holes in the barrel for a stock bolt... you may possible have a stock centerfire pgp bolt in that gun)...while tiem's gun has bb holes.. doesn't mean it's not an annih.

Yes early guns had the 40*.. while later guns had a 60* feed.

Tiem's looks to have a 60* feed.. but it is a lefty (very odd) with bb holes..also odd.

Doesn't have to have a quickstrip... but that was one of Tim's big things... if we could go to pgpog they have article there on the Tim's Annihilators (post Stan and Earon)...that is the best place to start.

Otherwise, we wait until the gun comes in and see what it really is... barrel length will also be a very good indicator of what it is.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
When I saw it on ebay, I thought it might have been re-barreled at PPS, but no way to tell for certain, especially by pictures alone. I noticed that the seller is pretty handy with his markers so it could even be a homebrew. There are other longbarrel Sheridans in the world that are not the work of Mac1, Stan Russel, or the Palmers.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitti View Post
Really Chaos..

Well let's see, the Annihilator was a rebarreled gun. Okay you have that there (note that there are no ball bearing holes in the barrel for a stock bolt... you may possible have a stock centerfire pgp bolt in that gun)...while tiem's gun has bb holes.. doesn't mean it's not an annih.

Yes early guns had the 40*.. while later guns had a 60* feed.

Tiem's looks to have a 60* feed.. but it is a lefty (very odd) with bb holes..also odd.

Doesn't have to have a quickstrip... but that was one of Tim's big things... if we could go to pgpog they have article there on the Tim's Annihilators (post Stan and Earon)...that is the best place to start.

Otherwise, we wait until the gun comes in and see what it really is... barrel length will also be a very good indicator of what it is.

E
It's definitely and Annihilator,just a really early one...It's stamped Annihilator on the top of the barrel too BTW.
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Whats with the random picture of a kp2?
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

He is selling it right now. Check his other auctions. It is already on the ebay forum here om MCB.
Teimusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

its a Annihilator

Ian

Last edited by frflow; 01-17-2007 at 10:50 PM.
frflow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts