mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

The Bushmasters were pretty much a complete setup - barrel, pump, internals, and ASA/quick change for the drop-in kits, and a trigger frame as well for the complete gun, all from Line SI. Bloodsuckers were a complete gun as well, with "Bloodsucker" on the sight rail also.

I haven't seen many AGS guns/barrel kits around lately, so I wouldn't just dismiss them as not "rare".

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

The problem with nelson drop in kits. They were mass produced. Usually it was just put a different name on them and change the price. The blood sucker was probably an AGS tunnel rat too or viseaversa,as well as the devestator. Some blood suckers had pumps with springs too. So rarity isn't that great if you really look at all the kits that are still for sale. Lay them all side by side without names and they all look a like. It's really the person who wants it the most determins the price. No disrepect. Somewhere better than others. However the Razorback was like the ION of pumps. Bought the price way down on all the high end. I hope you can get a good price for these. You should play with them a while too. Get the feel of oldschool with auto trigger. I'f I'm correct,I don't think the barrel inside is anodized. In that case a little never dull with fix it right up. Also those a single arm breech drops not boar drop correct?
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

^Hey BlackR!

Did you ever go over to any of the AGS stores back in the days? I used to drive over to the Bellflower locale every and then. I loved thr smell of rotting camo netting, and moldy bdu's LOL!

They'd have bags of Co2's and 100 rounds of paint lying in the wooden barrels.

Plus they owned Indoor Warefare (Gardena/Compton) before I&I Sports took it over. (But after the brothers from Sharpshooters had already opened it.)
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Nope,never did. I lived in Kentucky when the big split happened. What is the new name they go under? I bought something from them under a new name and I was still on their mailing list lol.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
Nope,never did. I lived in Kentucky when the big split happened. What is the new name they go under? I bought something from them under a new name and I was still on their mailing list lol.
Later,
Blackrain
My bad. For some reason I thought you were a Socal resident. Sorry!

I used to buy UVEX goggles from them... I'm feeling pretty old all of a sudden...

BTW: I think NPS aquired them.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

breech drop verse bore drop

how do I tell, I assume a bore drop drops the ball directly into the barrel but on a unibody isn't the entire gun the barrel? if you could explain I could tell you better...I cant really tell what gun this is because vintage rex only has pics of 2? of the types....the anno does not go into the barrel but I was under the impression it was more rare then it is? dont get me wrong I have seen 3 for sale in the 2 years I have been browsing these boards I spend most of my time looking for a brass eagle nightmare I can snag before one of you guys lol....
hellraiser813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:20 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'll see if i can get a better pic of mine. i'm telling you, I think that your black one is a devestator. The way the pump wore the anno is just like mine. i'm at work so I don't have it in front of me but I'll look when I get home to see if there are any marks. I too have looked for them on line off and on over the last few(5) years and have seen very few. I'm sure a lot were made but I don't think many made it to an old age.
tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think the bloodsuckers and the Team AGS gun are exactly the same since I have had bodies that were engraved on the site rail "bloodsucker" and "Team AGS" and they were the same aside from the different engravings.
I have also had bodies that were engraved both Team AGS and Bloodsucker on the same sight rail.

Does that make sense?

Either way I have sold them for around 60-90 depending on the setup.
-Dan
bacci paintball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
^Hey BlackR!

Did you ever go over to any of the AGS stores back in the days? I used to drive over to the Bellflower locale every and then. I loved thr smell of rotting camo netting, and moldy bdu's LOL!

They'd have bags of Co2's and 100 rounds of paint lying in the wooden barrels.

Plus they owned Indoor Warefare (Gardena/Compton) before I&I Sports took it over. (But after the brothers from Sharpshooters had already opened it.)
Was that the place on Bellflower Blvd or the one on Artesia Blvd?

I never knew who owned the Gardena Indoor until I&I ran it but I remember going there with my brother and I couldn't play cause I was only 16 and my Brother wasn't allowed to sign the waiver for me to play. So even though it was my idea to go there and play, He got to have the fun with his buddy. I think I had to wait another year or so to experience the crazy maze they had. And getting shot in the nutz by Jack (he doesn't remember that though) .... What fond memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
I'm feeling pretty old all of a sudden...
Your only as old as your game will take you. Or rather if you play the same game you played back in the day, your still young but if you gotta do the mosey more than you want to then yeah your getting old.
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

65 for both is not a bad offer, You might be able to get 80 shipped out of the set but thats high IMHO. Bushmaster go for more because they are of better quality in general.

Bore drop is when the ball drops into the "bore" (ie .690~) of the barrel. Breach drop is where the ball drops into the body (much larger ID) and then is pushed into the barrell.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts