mcarterbrown.com  

Ask The Experts You ask the tough questions

Old 01-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to Eress Pnter

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
http://web.archive.org/web/200511121...guns/page8.htm

I think the Osiris did work in the way you mention. I believe the pnuematic hammer was a single acting cyl and was spring returned?

I cannot answer if that will work specifically. I am considering doing similar but the goal is one lpr with all operations at the same lpr pressure.
Eress Pnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Woo!

Last edited by Magoo; 01-26-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
By supplying an LPR with a short blast of measured pressure, the measured 'blast' from a 3 way, the only question will be if 'recharge' time and the volume reaching the target actuator will be sufficent for operation. I beleive the Palmer microrock, with a smaller internal measure, will be able to achieve that, but I know of no prototypes to go on anyone's experience, or if the osiris worked this way.

Normally the lpr is a constantly charged state and the available pressure is switched after the fact, which I would think is a more consistantly reliable method, hence the consideration of multi-way valves.

The osiris specs are listed as a '3way' though, which would indicate the secondary pressure regular just might recieve one of these channels.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think that regulating the air for the return will work however you are going to have to wait longer inbetween shots so the reg can 1. pressure up, 2. actuate ram, 3. dump pressure when the trigger is pulled next time.

You are going to have alot of waisted air in filling the reg, pressure line, and ram for every shot.

Id reccomend using the PGI kit or better yet just get a proven and reliable front block kit. PPS, ANS, KAPP, and ST all made great front end kits.

If chopping really is a major concern then perhaps you should tune the gun up and spend a tank or two just firing in fast and slow speeds, Make sure to listen to the gun and feel your fingers on the trigger as you do this. In the end a finely tuned gun will beat a novelty gun. Including reliability, parts availability, and servicing.

However if you want to improvise your own pneu switch id like to see what you end up with.
Chemical-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not Popular

the osiris is a pre-mq valve mq gun.

it works like a close bolt timmy. the ram on the front controls the bolt, and there is another ram in the bottom cyclender like a timmy to drive the hammer.

there are 2 lprs because then the ram can cycle with a tiny tiny amound of pressure and never chop, and the popit ram can cycle with the force it needs to open the popit valve.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Pbbbbbt!!!

Last edited by Magoo; 01-26-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
That's how an excal works, and alot like what I was messing with but not to a cocker.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
however an excal has one lpr.
around 70 psi can do both with eyes

two lrp could allow a 'slow' bolt forward to avoid eyes.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incynr8 View Post
however an excal has one lpr.
around 70 psi can do both with eyes

two lrp could allow a 'slow' bolt forward to avoid eyes.
Yup, two LPRs are neat but kinda complicated. What I wish more would do is make a ram with an oversized shaft so the closing force is less than half of the opening force. I saw someone that sold one but I'm not sure if it was big enough to change the closing force drastically...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeTrevni View Post
Okay, so what I've got so far is this: The Osiris is different from my original thinking and operates with a pneumatic hammer. What about this: Dual pneumatics. On an e-cocker, you could use two noids, two LPRs and two rams. One set of pneus will power the bolt, the other would power a hammer. It would take some extensive modding to fit a hammer to a cocker ram, but if that can be achieved, I'm certain it can deliver enough force to trip the valve. Timing can be achieved by adjusting the dwell for each noid. My the only problems I could think of are this: weight and battery. I don't know about 9v performance with two noids, and it would certainly be chunky. Also, it would require a front block machined from scratch.

This has gone from anti-chop to just seeing if I can do it!

Pics to come.

Actually, fitting a hammer to the ram is easy, making it fit is hard.

I'd love to get an Osiris to finish my PGI collection but I wouldn't pay much just so see how they did it. I'd still arther have a finicky MQ.

Avery
amcfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Formerly DeTrevni

Bleh.

Last edited by Magoo; 01-26-2007 at 05:25 PM.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Ask The Experts