mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmic View Post
Now I am really intrigued. The rail system looks great. I am really curious how it is mounted. For that matter, how the heck do you attach the forward loaders? I do not see the bottom rail so I do not how the tabs lock in place. So, are you taking orders for custom work, Raptor10?

Looks like it is time for me to add to my ATS family
As suggested, I am going to try and get some pictures up and then all should be clear (You can still use the front loader with the CASV rail, but you have to detach the lower section).
Also another relevant modification: I use grub screws to attach either the standard top rail or the lowered one to the ATS receiver. I will make a how to on this at some point.

If you want a custom marker based on an ATS, I can make you one: I am currently working on a HK416, HK417 and M16 A2
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I'm interested, depending on the time frame. Can you deliver one to me in early february (about a month from now)?

Also, pardon the ignorance but I thought that an AT4 would accept any M4 compatible hand-guard. Is that assumption wrong?

EDIT: One more question: do I need to modify the original ATS marker in any way or is it a matter of just swapping both parts?

Thanks.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsd View Post
I'm interested, depending on the time frame. Can you deliver one to me in early february (about a month from now)?

Also, pardon the ignorance but I thought that an AT4 would accept any M4 compatible hand-guard. Is that assumption wrong?

I need to get around 20 orders before I can have the foremounts made, after that it should be around 2-3 week turnaround. So I don't think you will get anything before 4 weeks, sorry.

The standard AT4 does accept some M4 compatible handguards, but not the type that screw onto the M4 receiver like this,

LITO below are some pictures of what you want to achieve (please forgive the poor light)

@ zenmic
Quote:
Now I am really intrigued. The rail system looks great. I am really curious how it is mounted. For that matter, how the heck do you attach the forward loaders? I do not see the bottom rail so I do not
I hope the below pictures can answer your questions,

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Oh man, that's mean. Raptor, put me down for one foremount. If possible I'd like a modified sight rail as well.

I like to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to awesome custom work, and yours qualifies!
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

That is amazing! However, I am still confused.

I can see that CASV rail mounts onto AT-4 and AT-85 Tactical via the existing rails on the uppers. I can see that the AT-85 Tactical does not need the Delta ring. I can see that the bottom part of the CASV needs to be removed to accommodate the forward loaders. I am confused as to what the forward loaders attach and lock into. Do you have to remove the original barrel shroud on the AT-85 Tactical to fit the CASV rail or does the CASV rail mount over it? The reason I am asking about the forward loaders, is that I use them instead of a hopper magazine.

Sorry for the ignorance.

The modifications look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor 10 View Post
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
Oh man, that's mean. Raptor, put me down for one foremount. If possible I'd like a modified sight rail as well.

I like to put my money where my mouth is when it comes to awesome custom work, and yours qualifies!
Thanks man!

Quote:
I am confused as to what the forward loaders attach and lock into. Do you have to remove the original barrel shroud on the AT-85 Tactical to fit the CASV rail or does the CASV rail mount over it? The reason I am asking about the forward loaders, is that I use them instead of a hopper magazine.
The below marker is a AT-85 tactical. The CASV rail is just clamped onto the standard ATS picatinny top rail, and it sits over the standard AT-85 front loader rail. The only modification I made to attach this part, is to add grub screws to the ATS picatinny top rail so its attachment to the receiver is more stronger and durable. In short if you want this rail on your AT-85 (as pictured below) all you really need to do is add some grub screws to the ATS picatinny top rail. You can attach it without these but as LITO suggested the CASV rail may end up pulling the standard picatinny ATS top rail off.

Sun Tzu c. 544

Last edited by Raptor 10; 01-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Raptor10, thanks for clearing that up. I did not know that the CASV rail would fit over the existing AT-85 barrel shroud.

Now to scrape up all the money to make this happen.

...what is that sound....Oh it is my wallet running away from me
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor 10 View Post
I was looking to my AT-16 and I tried disassembing this part on my gun to fit it onto my bag but I just couldn't do it. In fact, I removed each and every screw on the outside of the gun but I couldn't even disassemble the valve or other internals on it. How does one do it?

Thanks,

Mendel.
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

You also need to depress the coupling button, it is a small hole on the right side of the gun. With the button depressed you can remove the housing and sleeve assemblies.

Damage Inc!

Official ATS Owner's manual online http://www.box.net/shared/dqgglm0bsx
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

You may have to pull the cog back a bit. You can do this by manipulating the cog through the mag well or pull back on the metal thing that engages the leaf spring.

Raptor 10, how many and who has ordered thus far?

I personally met "The Weltman" at Road Warriors part I in Alpine, CA. I even shook his hand. Awesome.

L I T O's feedback
L I T O is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS