mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Modified ATS parts sale/order

The parts I intend to supply are a Modified Foremount and a lowered top rail. These can be attached to all ATS receivers after the original parts have been removed.

Foremount

Following the interest of some members I have found a company to machine the modified Foremount for the ATS marker. This modified part will allow you to attach most M4 style front rails/hand guards. The part costs $45 not including shipping. For a custom part that is a bargain considering it cost me nearly $100 to have my original sleeve machined. The parts will be made from stainless steel.

This is what the original ATS AT4 Foremount looks like

This is what the modified Foremount looks like

A comparison

And below are examples of the different types of front rails you can attach.

Top rail

The picatinny rail on the AT-4 is around 5mm higher than it is on M4 style assault rifle in relation to the centre of the barrel. This causes a lip when fitting HK416 type rails and makes it impossible to attach rails which use the delta ring and the picatinny rail on the body of the marker. All the pictures of the ATS markers above have the lowered rail. I am now offering a service to either lower your current rail or supply you with a new lowered rail. The cost of lowering the rail is $15 not including shipping. For a new lowered rail I have not yet got a price as I still need to make a few calculations. I will post up some more information and some detailed pictures shortly.

The prices are pretty much cost, and may be a one time run only so please let me know if you are interested.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

wowza. Sweet deal...
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Put me down for two of everything listed.

Will the CASV rails fit perfectly with the delta ring hold the CASV rail to the body like the real one does on an M4/16?

I personally met "The Weltman" at Road Warriors part I in Alpine, CA. I even shook his hand. Awesome.

L I T O's feedback
L I T O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L I T O View Post
Put me down for two of everything listed.

Will the CASV rails fit perfectly with the delta ring hold the CASV rail to the body like the real one does on an M4/16?
Many thanks.

Yes it will but you will have to also purchase a delta ring like this

An airsoft one costs about $15-20. The true spec delta ring will just screw onto the threads on the foremount.

If I can borrow my buddy's CASV rail (as I sold my one) I will take some pictures with the CASV attached the way you mentioned.
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544

Last edited by Raptor 10; 01-05-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

I'm curious...how do you go about removing the stock ATS foremount and installing the modified one? I'm interested, but I don't have a rail and I'd prefer to buy a pre-modified one.

Last edited by russc; 01-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

I suspect that the answer to this is "No," but I thought I would ask.

Would it be possible to modify the front barrel shroud of a AT-85 Tactical to use that cool nifty picatinny rail and still use the front loaders?

Regardless Raptor10 those modifications look GREAT!
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I'm curious...how do you go about removing the stock ATS foremount and installing the modified one? I'm interested, but I don't have a rail and I'd prefer to buy a pre-modified one.
Removing the stock AT4 foremount on older guns is relatively easy because the glue holding it in place normally works loss, if its a newer gun it can be a little more difficult. As for removing the AT-85 foremount that can be problematic but not impossible. If anyone wants they can send me their receivers and I can remove the old mounts and attach the new ones. I will add more information on these points latter.

Quote:
I suspect that the answer to this is "No," but I thought I would ask.

Would it be possible to modify the front barrel shroud of a AT-85 Tactical to use that cool nifty picatinny rail and still use the front loaders?
As you guessed no, but what you can do is use a CASV rail which will allow to also use your front loader when you want. This is a AT-85 with a casv rail attached. Also you do not have to make any modification to your marker to attach it.
Sun Tzu c. 544

Last edited by Raptor 10; 01-06-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I like the CASV rail with the delta ring to be securely held to the receiver on the foremount is what I want, just like the genuine part. Otherwise the CASV would be held in place only by the rail and the rail is only glued in place and will break off with rigorous handling. And the AT4 will look super sexy. Wowza!

I personally met "The Weltman" at Road Warriors part I in Alpine, CA. I even shook his hand. Awesome.

L I T O's feedback
L I T O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
I'm interested in one of each.
shadowp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Now I am really intrigued. The rail system looks great. I am really curious how it is mounted. For that matter, how the heck do you attach the forward loaders? I do not see the bottom rail so I do not how the tabs lock in place. So, are you taking orders for custom work, Raptor10?

Looks like it is time for me to add to my ATS family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor 10 View Post
As you guessed no, but what you can do is use a CASV rail which will allow to also use your front loader when you want. This is a AT-85 with a casv rail attached. Also you do not have to make any modification to your marker to attach it.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS