mcarterbrown.com

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker buster View Post
@jjron99 Can you still do full auto with the FS rounds?
It does. I've done it several times now. Interestingly enough, I've had no jams firing in full auto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgCj7Kl0Dqc
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Rec Poster

can you still use regular paintball after the mod with no problem on both semi and full auto?
bunker buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #33 (permalink)

Yes, it is the biggest benefit of modding an ATS is you get that functionality. In my last scenario game, I was able to switch from FS to paintballs and back to FS (through a mag change) and still take advantage of the full auto feature on the ATS.

The biggest challenge with this project is getting the right ID barrel, an old style Unisizer, and the bolt/PVC fitting. Everything else can be acquired or made easily without specialized tools or skills.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #34 (permalink)
Damage Inc War Chief

I take it you used the biggest sizer from the old set.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")...
RepomanGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

FSR's are .684. Depending what school of thought you follow, any sizer around that will work.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #36 (permalink)

Hey JJ,

I'm probably one of many that are buying extra parts to build your FS ready model.

Can you feed the FS rounds in from the from the top of an AT mag using the chain in reverse with only 3 rounds at a time?

Does the chain affect feeding the FS rounds into the breach?

Have you tried the Lapco 0.682 barrel with your FS AT?

Any data comparing your marker's grouping to a Tiberius 9.1 yet?

Thanks for the inspiration...
BEAKSBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #37 (permalink)

Can you feed the FS rounds in from the from the top of an AT mag using the chain in reverse with only 3 rounds at a time? No, the chain will get caught in the fins and there is a screw that gets in the way.

Does the chain affect feeding the FS rounds into the breach? Yes. There is a way to keep the chain in the magazine but it requires extensive modification and fabrication. Shadowp68 came up with an idea that could make keeping the chain in the magazine but I haven't had the time to try it out.

Have you tried the Lapco 0.682 barrel with your FS AT? Yes... I tried it. Unfortunately, it does not work. It got stuck in there every single time, even at maximum velocity. FS rounds are .684 and will not fit. The projectile is just too big. Your best bet is to find a a freak ATS barrel and use .686 sizer or find an ATS Javelin barrel.

Any data comparing your marker's grouping to a Tiberius 9.1 yet? My buddy who had a Tiberius 9.1 got deployed so I won't be able to test it until he gets back from his tour of duty.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepomanGene View Post
I take it you used the biggest sizer from the old set.
I may have misread your comment...

No I didn't use the sizers from the old set. I am actually using a unisizer. But get this... this unisizer I'm using appears to be different. First, it's a really old unisizer and the bore (or the ridges) appears to be bigger a ID. It took a lot less force to push a paintball through it than my newer ones. The urethane glands also is of a darker blue color than the newer ones. So I'm not sure if it was a manufacturing abnormality or just worn out due to age but I do get rollouts when using normal paintball with this specific unisizer vs a new unisizer.

Here was my inquiry:
Unisizers changes

Anyway, any unisizer will work for a project like this but if you have an older unisizer, I wouldn't hesitate to try that one out first.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

Hey guys, I got another video for everyone to enjoy starring our ATS AT85.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K80t5vAQg0o
Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

That is some great snipping. In fact I have not seen anything that has even come close to what you have achieved!
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS