mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 09-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
And with the help between you to, Raptor and JJron, I will have a cross breed of your ideas.

I have been trying to plan out the finished product and how it will look, while trying not to hinder any performance with the marker, but to excel the marker to the next level. The hardest part I am having is the mag. I have a few mags that will never be a working stock ATS mag, so it will be a good starting point. I would like to have extra rounds but I dont like the length of the long mag as in JJron's video. So my brain has been trying to think of some type of banana or beta mag style.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:58 PM   #42 (permalink)
Negative

That is some fine shooting there! Looks like most of 'em were pretty certain that they were out of range of anybody else.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Wow that's what I call "sniping"!

JJron give us the distance of every shot.
patuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #44 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Sadly, I don't remember anymore the range of each shot. But I definitively remember shortest shot and the longest. The shortest was around 45 yards out and that was shot #4 with the kid coming around the corner.

Shot #8 - the guy who I shot in the hand, I got him at 85 yards, and is currently the longest shot I've ever recorded. To make that shot, I had to adjust my adjustable rail at a higher angle, also increased the magnification on my scope (for better filming). In the video, you can tell that the round hit him almost from the top because I had to lob it to get the round over his position. The neatest thing is that the round was fired at such a high angle, it actually went off the view of the scope, reappeared and finally impacting the player.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Very nice shooting and a cool video!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #46 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Don't they make a scope with a range finder just like in the movies?

Its a good thing there's not much under brush to block the FS round going up or did you do it prone position?

I love the way the target reacted to be shot from nowhere!
patuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patuka View Post
Don't they make a scope with a range finder just like in the movies?
Its a good thing there's not much under brush to block the FS round going up or did you do it prone position?
Yeah, Nikon and burris makes them but it's huge and expensive - around US$800. When they are able shrink them and make them less expensive, I'll jump on it.

I was mostly in kneeling supported position. The game was fast moving and I had to be on the move. Since I did not wear a guillie, I was able to be more mobile and able to move behind the regular players. In fact, one of my favorite things to do in a big scenario game is to look for a group of amped up speedballers on the same side as I am. I would tail them 10-15 yards behind. Usually,it's not long until all hell breaks loose. Essentially, they find and flush out the targets for me and I pick off whatever they can't reach.

I have a short video of it I'd like to share but finding royalty free music for the background is so hard to find.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

Jjron99, how did you mount your camera to the scope? I am going to take a guess that you used a piece of PVC tubing roughly the same diameter as the eyepiece of the scope, but what is the length of the PVC tubing?

Great Video. Love the idea of using speedballers to flush out the targets; get a regular pack of them and use them as hunting dogs.

Here is an idea if you have time to do it. Snag one of those cheap golf range finders or one of those cheap optical range finders to measure the distance for grins and giggle before or after taking out the targets. Back when I played both scenario paintball and scenario airsoft. The sniper on our team would put smiley stickers on his stock, with the distance and date; one for each kill.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #49 (permalink)

YES! You guessed correctly. Length of PVC tube was determined by the eye relief.

I was loathing on carrying a notepad and pen on the field so the smiley stickers is a great idea. Thank you, I will try that.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #50 (permalink)
Rec Poster

First just let me say that you are my paintball inspiration . You modded my favorite gun and play my same style of game. After spending time working on other pb projects, I kick myself for not working on this earlier. So now time for my fun.

That said I have a few questions and appreciate your input

1)
I see that the G3 airsoft shell is for cosmetic purposes. An ATS can be modded to shoot the first strike rounds just like yours without the G3 shell. Am I correct?

2)
How does the stock ATS barrel work shooting FS rounds? It would be real easy for me to just freak bore an ATS barrel than to search for a 23" barrel and somehow ATS thread it.

3)
This is kinda my first mod idea on top of your idea. I saw that you also made some extended mags to hold more rounds. Do you think it would be possible to use the empty space on the other side of the mag to hold another row and dremmel another opening? You would have to insert a divider but I'm sure you would find that easy. Basically I'm copying the new Dye Dam mag that you can flip over to shoot more rounds.
TacticalEd is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS