mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 10-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #51 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ed, I doubt the ATS mag would be 'flipable' as it only inserts into the gun one-way. I haven't found any pictures of the DYE mags, but I bet they are symmetrical so they can be loaded in either orientation.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
DonkeyPunchTheNightAway

Brass N Wood Fan
The reason why they cant be flippable is do to the chain fed design.... UNless you make your own mag from scratch... maybe from a 3d printer. THere is a guy here on the forum that has one or access to one.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
Will work 4 First Strikes

Hi Ed
1) I see that the G3 airsoft shell is for cosmetic purposes. An ATS can be modded to shoot the first strike rounds just like yours without the G3 shell. Am I correct?
Absolutely! The airsoft shell is only cosmetic. It just makes the gun look cool. My G3 ATS is now more of a show and tell piece and rarely sees the field.
Here is my current FS setup that I used to film my videos:

2) How does the stock ATS barrel work shooting FS rounds? It would be real easy for me to just freak bore an ATS barrel than to search for a 23" barrel and somehow ATS thread it.

The stock barrel is terrible with FS rounds. Freak boring and using an appropriate size insert would be an excellent alternative. In my test, I was using a Javelin Barrel with ID .686. I was able to hold my own with a TA T9.1. I am currently testing a new barrel. Iíll post the make and model if I see a noticeable improvement.

3)This is kinda my first mod idea on top of your idea. I saw that you also made some extended mags to hold more rounds. Do you think it would be possible to use the empty space on the other side of the mag to hold another row and dremmel another opening? You would have to insert a divider but I'm sure you would find that easy. Basically I'm copying the new Dye Dam mag that you can flip over to shoot more rounds.

A lot of people told me I couldnít modify an ATS for FS rounds. But I had to try. Your idea is not impossible, itís just really challenging; you just have to have the time, money, skills and the imagination to do it. Currently working on making the magazine a staggered stack design, doubling the capacity without increasing length. No success yet.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #54 (permalink)
Rec Poster

JJRON99 -

Thanks for the response. Just a few extra questions if you don't mind

1)How has reliable has your current setup been. Any jams or anything going wrong with the FS strike mag setup?

2)
Why was the stock barrel not good for the FS rounds? Was the ID too small or too big?

3)
I do not have the ability or money to design something from scratch but what I am good at is modifiying something that has already been created That said, have you taken a look at the new Carmatech sniper rifle? I need to get my hands on this mag. It looks similar to an ATS mag and just maybe be close enough in dimensions to mod for an ATS receiver. let me know what you think

Last edited by TacticalEd; 10-24-2012 at 03:26 AM.
TacticalEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #55 (permalink)

Current setup still is not perfect. Last box of 40 count FS, I had 3 jams with the round entering the bolt sleeve nose up, similar to a stove pipe jam. Due to the jams, I installed an inline on/off ASA with purge in front of my tank so when I get a jam, Iím able to de-gas quickly and remove the jammed round from the bolt. I have not discovered if the jams are caused by the magazine or the bolt.
The stock barrel will work but youíre not going to be realizing the full benefit of the FS round. The inside diameter is just too big.
I have been following the SAR 12. The Magazine does appear to be close dimension to our ATS mags. but without having the true measurements, we can only speculate on how much fitting work we have to do. On top of that, we also have to mod the retaining holding device so it will engage when inserted in the ATS.

Are you going to be playing strictly FS with this gun or using it for both FS and paintballs? Let me know if you have any more questions or if you want me to clarify on something.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic

JJRon9, the SAR-12 magazines are about the size of an actual Barett .50 magazine. They are REALLY long. Also from getting up close to one at Decay of Nations VI(2012) the magazines are spring fed, so the rounds are under constant pressure, unlike our chain driven system where the rounds are not under pressure at all.
zenmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #57 (permalink)

Thank you.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
Snake

Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjron99 View Post
Our ATS guns is going to be a Star!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UlfU2FocFA

iam very interested in the camra your using ,would be sweet to see the mounting system
SASBRANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #59 (permalink)
Damage Inc War Chief

I wouldn't even bother with trying to do a DAM style mag for your FS-ATS .

just use another mag.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")...
RepomanGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrpaintball View Post

iam very interested in the camra your using ,would be sweet to see the mounting system
I started making a setup video.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS