mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Bullpup muzzelite ATS project

Greetings all,
There has been an assault rifle that I have been wanting to build for a number of years using an ATS. It's will be completely different than anything I have made before and it won't be to everyone's liking but it will further demonstrate the versatility of the ATS.

I have recently started to put it together and I have figured out the most problematic issues such as the trigger mechanism but there is a lot of work to do such as the stock.

Below are a few pictures can anyone guess what it is?

Hand guard

magazine well

trigger and grip

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544

Last edited by Raptor 10; 12-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Raptor 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Bushmaster M17...

*Edit* I knew I recognized that trigger group. Its a Muzzelite Bullpup kit!

Last edited by Iconic Muffinman; 12-01-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Iconic Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic Muffinman View Post
Bushmaster M17...

*Edit* I knew I recognized that trigger group. Its a Muzzelite Bullpup kit!
You got it!

There is an ATS marker with a 16" barrel in the below Muzzelite kit
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 12-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Go Lutes!!

That is exciting!
LutePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
You need to find one of the 23" barrels!

That would look great with a little bit of protruding muzzle.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
You need to find one of the 23" barrels!

That would look great with a little bit of protruding muzzle.
I agree it needs a protruding muzzle. I got a 23" but I want to keep the overall length down so I am going to modify the 16" so at least a few inches are protruding, maybe just a flash hider.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
I could be wrong, but didnt ATS make an 18" barrel, with a birdcage muzzle?

Even if not, the 23" barrel would only really add 6"-7" off the foregrip, which really isnt too bad. The Muzzelite stocks are 2/3 the size of the real Chinese Type 95, so you still wouldnt even quite be hitting the overall length of the real deal. It wont be as small as, say, the P90 (or most other PDW's, for that matter), but it will still be quite small for a bullpup rifle.

Ether way, it looks darn good so far! For the longest time I wanted to make my AT-10 an L85A2, but I never got around to machining the trigger group or shroud.. I wonder if I still have those CAD drawings anywhere...
Old 12-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I could be wrong, but didnt ATS make an 18" barrel, with a birdcage muzzle?

Even if not, the 23" barrel would only really add 6"-7" off the foregrip, which really isnt too bad. The Muzzelite stocks are 2/3 the size of the real Chinese Type 95, so you still wouldnt even quite be hitting the overall length of the real deal. It wont be as small as, say, the P90 (or most other PDW's, for that matter), but it will still be quite small for a bullpup rifle.

Ether way, it looks darn good so far! For the longest time I wanted to make my AT-10 an L85A2, but I never got around to machining the trigger group or shroud.. I wonder if I still have those CAD drawings anywhere...
An 18" barrel would perfect but even if ATS did make them where would I find one now?

I'll stick the 23" barrel on and take some pictures to get a better idea of what it looks like. But I have got my heart set on the idea of just a few inches protruding from the hand-guard.

Thanks for the complement! I also considered using a L85A2 airsoft shell but initial measurements suggested it was not going to happen but if you are making the shroud from scratch I think it will look great.
Sun Tzu c. 544
Old 12-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Certified Gunsmith

Kilt Fan
Where I went to school, we practiced welding on 1/16" thick steel plates. It wasnt really all to heavy, and was very easy to machine, or to weld. I planned on making the whole shroud using that material, and out CNC plasma cutter.. I just never got around to it.

I think (I could be wrong) ATS made an 18" barrel, which was used on the HK-417 mockup Nothern Command made a few years back.

Im not sure what length the Lapco? barrel run that was done a few years back was either.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
So, how are you going to activate the trigger? Using a MSV-3 actuator placed in front of it?
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS