mcarterbrown.com  

ATS AT-85 AT-10 AT-6 AT-4

Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Looking to the Future - For Gumby

I would suggest (Pray & Hope) that Gumby, start his own marker manufacturing company. You can raise money through Kick starter.
What is Kickstarter — Kickstarter

I think a new marker built around the current ATS technology with the latest innovations found in other markers would be the best way to move forward.

An easier way to get to the Bolt - like in the RAP 468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuaTQJcq4GQ (start at 5:33)

The ability to fire first strike paintball rounds.
Select Fire First Strike ATS AT85 (Pic Heavy) How To

The ability to accept D-mags and/OR a redesigned chain fed mag to support First strike.
Also keep the VL (view loader adapter mag) and maybe make one that will work with DMags.

Add a fore mount receiver adapter.
Modified ATS parts sale/order

The former and existing ATS owners I'm sure would help kick start this project off and would definitely be among your first customers.

What do you guys think?

Good luck
PB Sponge
PBsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

I thought that was what we were doing by buying all his stock. I think it might be too much money to start up also take time to design another marker, maybe he should look towards inception designs with 3d printing and I think simon said something about having cnc machines too but I really dont have any eye for business. I don't mind the current design without fs, they cost too much. But if he was going to design and make the next generation of ats type marker in the next few years I would consider just holding out with what I got until then.

Last edited by ragu; 05-29-2013 at 06:50 PM.
ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
I would love to help Gumballs out on this. To be honest right when I heard the bad news I went and picked up $10 in powerball tickets.
Acidpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Herp Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragu View Post
I thought that was what we were doing by buying all his stock. I think it might be too much money to start up also take time to design another marker, maybe he should look towards inception designs with 3d printing and I think simon said something about having cnc machines too but I really dont have any eye for business. I don't mind the current design without fs, they cost too much. But if he was going to design and make the next generation of ats type marker in the next few years I would consider just holding out with what I got until then.
Gumby and Simon working together, think of the possibilities! I think an open-source/crowd-source project would probably be the best hope for ensuring the future of ATS guns and owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jincay View Post
Some might find that a turn on, I cater to differing tastes by including a hot chic and a middle aged overweight guy in a mankini.
Gustav12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
... someone is a linux fan. :P
Old 06-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

if Gumby wish to continue making pantball markers, and gets a good kickstarter going I have at least 1000$ that's willing to help him out.

also there is an extensive market I Norway atm for clip fed markers, and especially first strike.

I'm an offshore project engineer with extensive CAD and 3D modeling experience, i'm working on making a 3D printable modification to ats magazines for 18-20 rounds first strike, witch I was planing to revel soon. and give the drawing/models to the community to print themselves.

if this really is the end for ATS, I hope that the production drawings will be sheared so we at least we can put parts in production ourself, some of us do have good connections with manufactures, and are willing to take the cost for producing single components.

I also would love to do other engineering/CAD work down the road for ATS free of charge to ensure variety in products (aka stuff for people to buy), like a drum magazine.
shadowrunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
ATS

Open source, could be cool ..
It would have be nice to have access to CAD models, and opportunities for further development and sharing..

I will support gratifying Kickstarter or crowdfunding, to help Gumby startup.

ATS AT-4 is the first gun I've tested that actually is comfortable to use on the paintball field.
(for rental, and mod)

Now I use an ATS AT-4, this ends Exhibition marker if I put paintball on the shelf
Omland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
HUG?!

Brass N Wood Fan
I am in my last year of college, thank the paintball gods, but once this over I will have an excessive amount of time on my hands.
Someone suggested cutting down a hammerhead barrel. Why pay for a new or used barrel and then pay once more and have it machined? Just make fins to fit ats to hammerhead. One less part to worry about... Unisizers.
Next would be replace the mags with a dmag style. No more chain drive issues or parts to go bad... mainly the leaf spring. Also maybe a leaf spring cheap replacement.

These few things could easily be a open source project.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Damage Inc War Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowrunner85 View Post
if Gumby wish to continue making pantball markers, and gets a good kickstarter going I have at least 1000$ that's willing to help him out.

also there is an extensive market I Norway atm for MAGAZINE fed markers, and especially first strike.

I'm an offshore project engineer with extensive CAD and 3D modeling experience, i'm working on making a 3D printable modification to ats magazines for 18-20 rounds first strike, witch I was planing to revel soon. and give the drawing/models to the community to print themselves.

if this really is the end for ATS, I hope that the production drawings will be sheared so we at least we can put parts in production ourself, some of us do have good connections with manufactures, and are willing to take the cost for producing single components.

I also would love to do other engineering/CAD work down the road for ATS free of charge to ensure variety in products (aka stuff for people to buy), like a drum magazine.
Fixed

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")...
RepomanGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Terminus Est

you have my support !
SKULL is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » ATS